Salmon Fishing in the Yemen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen Reviews

½ September 3, 2017
Ok film, a business idea with romance lightly driven through the plot. A few twists at the end in the last half hour which I wasnt expecting. I found it a quite dull apart from that.
August 25, 2017
Sweet and unique story. Enjoyed it a lot!
½ August 13, 2017
I liked the actors, but if I thought about the plot too much, I become aware of the flaws.
½ April 4, 2017
A warm, charming little film that won't be life changing, yet balances the idea of believing in something with a unique storyline. I wish the film took a more forward approach instead of staying so reserved, but nonetheless is worth your time
½ April 2, 2017
When we see some opportunities we can't pass up when it's business & political relations we wish for. When what we see we wish we can catch. When we dont see some opportunities when risks out weight the benefits. When other things we see we don't see a catch. When we can't believe what we are seeing to know we seeing a good thing. When what we don't see we are informed when it effects us. When not everything we see in some parts is bad, a zone for evil, horrific and bad taste that we see something good when it's positive news. When what we don't need to see in person we communicate to push what we want. When what we see it fancy us when it's appealling. When we know whom to see that we arrange to push things faster to when we got the best people for the job. When what we see we dont care to see when somethings we rather see others dont see that we don't see relations between the two. When everything we see in risk others see its no problem when we have wealth, vidion, and passion for such a thing. When somethings we don't see we learn the hard way. When our beliefs is of most importance to see it doesn't matter or we don't matter when powers from on high push us to see such decisions move forward. When how we regard ourselves we see we are in great importance when we are apart of a community or work that we rather see go our way. When we rather see our visions go forward or our pleasures to see it our way but not others. When others we wish to see, we wish could stay or wait for us. When what we don't see we draw our when we see it from various perspectives of whom will be effected by the project. When those from on high want to see us we don't care when we don't see eye to eye with stupidity. When somethings we don't see coming when we don't pay attention to somethings are more important to us then us. When we can't see to let others down to be their burden to let them go. When somethings we see we know all to well when we micro manage everything and balance both with the control of our hand. When we don't see other people to get the next best thing. When we see some tasks are not simply said and done when we need permissions from those whom safeguard projects. When what we do we wish to see when it's good news that give us something in the end. When we rather see other things to go see the vary thing that get us those vary things. When we get a closer view if what we are seeing from on high and below to still see we can't do such things when our reports say otherwise. When we see those from on high when we are down below to know we see eye to eye when we are on high in somethings we do see eye to eye with. When we see others are a fan of ours when we invent what we see what we are good at. When what we see we know we are seeing we are being pampered and persuaded, to see to it done right. When what we see its not plainly on the surface when we see what we are doing does more then sport, but what it does for us inside, and outside that builds more then eye can see. When what we see we taste when it came from grounds that we see are clean well suited for a king we eat. When what we see we know more about when we see somethings of great importance ready to take care of other things of great importance. When somethings we see we fancy when it satisfy our appetite. When the great importance of what we are seeing we see to it to satisfy our appetite rather our stomachs but much more that we don't see. When what we rather not see for appetites but love to continue seeing we need to see is alright. When what we don't see is disconcerning when we wish the things to see again cone back. When what we rather not see when they don't feel about the things we are concerned about we don't see eye to eye. When we rather see somethings in person when we understand the difficultly we see we go through to offer support. When what we see we have great responsibility to continue seeing when they are our partner and need to see they are alright. When we see nothing else matters but those whom we love.

When we see that somethings we once didn't see we do now see when others we trust see the possibility to give us the go ahead to undertake what we vidion. When others don't see eye to eye with us to see those from on high would not approve. When we need to make others see whom this project involves and effected to see we continue seeing them around with what we are seeing. When what we see we are headline news. When we can't see somethings to get the next best thing in hearing from them, when possibilities can come true even if we don't see it or see it to know when life is unpredictable. When we see somethings in a different light, to see ups and downs we go through to know we see others see us. When other people see us and don't see what we see, we get rid of when we believe on somethings we see as higher importance then others. When what we see as a problem, we only see solution when what we see is all the same to us. When what we see, we don't see when somethings that look alike are not when we see different about things we are passionate about. When we see that we can't allow somethings go well with eachother when one is natural and the other is unnatural that we don't see the solution in that. When we see some solutions, to seeing another solution we don't see coming to disarm them. When we see all to well to have great aim. When somethings we see we know we can't see others again. When we just like seeing other things we rather attach ourselves too, to know we like seeing other things more then others, when there is less pressure to move forward in a fast paced life. When we see our integrity is worth more then seeing some plans just workout to give up on others but not everyone when they see eye to eye with us better. When what we see we have a little faith. When what we see we know all to well we love. When we see that others return to us when we cast them away, to see that miracles do happen. When we wished to see somethings in person to get more out of what we are seeing. When we see that somethings are over before they started to know we are glad to see somethings safe and sound. When others don't see eye to eye with us when we seen two different perspectives to know where we side. When whom we see we owe the respect to be honest with even when we don't see eye to eye with somethings. When what we see we only want to see work when results matter more then it's prosperity. When it's not only us seeing but the world when we need to be seen as progressing well. When we see that not all fish swim the same direction to know we see fish on both sides. When what we have been seeing and envisioning we see come true. When others beluefs, visions and faith we see outweigh our own we see they fight back and destroy everything we built. When we don't see the other challenges that await us, see us and want to put a stop to us we see the ruins they cause and let down others from seeing all the progress we wished to see to change minds and sides we are on. When little progress we see in a world that is full of large no progress we see that hope is hard to achieve when beliefs and visions are not seen eye to eye with one another. When we all see such visions we gambled on fail us more then others. When what pushes us further to progress us seeing whom we are doing it for when we see a future with somethings but see no signs. When we see there is hope when other signs show us the way to move forward. When other signs of failure mean we see other things have no hope when we move backwards.
January 31, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 29, 2017
As odd as it sounds, this movie about building a river through arid land and stoking it with salmon so the locals can learn to fly fish is above all else a love story. It is powerfully acted and aside from the aforementioned particulars, quite believable. I liked the characters and really enjoyed the movie.
January 14, 2017
Pro: well done, good cinematography
Con: missing something
October 17, 2016
I can see how people in the mid 200's would have been ready for a not so bleak stories depicting the turmoil in the Middle East, would be interested in this. The film is based on a real life story, but just like the real story, I feel this movie while okay, is much like the real story it is based off, an interesting side story, but not really worth a center stage telling.
½ October 14, 2016
Good. Starts a bit funny, then romantic.
September 8, 2016
Well acted, great story, charming film.
½ August 30, 2016
Charming film that is well acted.
August 2, 2016
While the story overall is mundane and cliched, "Salmon Fishing In The Yemen" earns merit for its introverted charm, and gets fine work from Emily Blunt and Ewan McGregor that elevates the material.
½ July 10, 2016
Making your film as reserved and introverted as the main character is not big or clever.
½ June 10, 2016
Kristin Scott Thomas was hilarious
½ June 6, 2016
Hallstrom makes really good movies but he always stumbles upon the romantic side of the story. Same as with "The Hundred Foot Journey".
½ May 16, 2016
You may be turned off by the film's long and artless title, but after taking in this exquisitely restrained romance between man and woman, man and nature, the known and the unknown, you'd be hard pressed to find a title as earnest and true as the film itself.
½ March 23, 2016
A smart romantic comedy, with some issues about British politics too.
March 14, 2016
Airplane movie at best. Don't take the bait!