Salmonberries - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Salmonberries Reviews

January 1, 2013
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congradualation movie, you succeeded to make me as angry as ever about a movie. Really there is no excuse for this boring, unintresting, boring piece of crap. I get what message its trying to get at but it ends up with a series of pointless scenes oh and the main character in this is so stupid and not likable. So please do not watch this movie its just terrible!
½ September 19, 2012
Put this one slap dap in the middle. I liked it..but not too much.
½ January 30, 2011
cringed quite a bit, but it wasn't totally insufferable. very conflicted feelings about this film, 't was bit of a bumpy ride. (and what was with 'em dream sequences??)
it was kinda painful seeing k.d. lang in her acting debut, but at least she had the charisma to pull it off.
June 10, 2010
One of those love-it-as-art or hate-it-as-pretension films. Which probably means it should be understood as sitting between those two extremes.
½ October 17, 2009
More academically interesting, perhaps, than entertaining, but that's enough to hold my interest. Moments of Lynchian surrealism are fun.
½ September 2, 2009
Horrible acting, directing, and an almost non-existent plot. Plus the repetitive music and the constant nickname usage was just plain annoying. I have nothing good to say about this movie.
March 8, 2009
Slow but incredibly moving
January 13, 2009
Very interesting story; this really seems to be more of a stage play adapted for a movie rather than a movie itself. And I'm not quite so sure of the acting abilities of K.D. Lang, though she can be charming through the gritty character she plays. A bit disappointing for a Percy Adlon picture following his Bagdad Cafe, not sure what happened here. At the same time, the story does have its merit, set in a rather exotic/mysterious place, in which everyone has to push beyond the barriers of gender, orientation, ethnicity, among other issues.
½ January 3, 2009
Though the young K.D. Lang is butch and sexy in this, even the intrigue with the librarian and the Arctic scenery can't save this strange and plodding film.
April 27, 2008
Quirky tale.. KD Lang NaKeD!!
February 16, 2008
Liked the nude scene!
December 3, 2007
just because of K. D. Lang's
½ September 19, 2007
No. Simply No. Keep to singing kd.
½ September 13, 2007
Stark och varm/kall film. Gillar jordkällaren.
July 31, 2007
Good in that it sticks with you but it stuck with me in a bad way. Good acting - and for once it's a film that takes place in Alaska that was actually FILMED here. I just didn't like the story so much.
½ July 23, 2007
Haunting scenery which draws out the storyline
June 18, 2007
It reached me on some level. I understood but cannot describe what I got from the movie.
June 15, 2007
I want to see this but I'm not sure how to find it!?
½ March 7, 2007
Well, u get to see kd lang nude in this......the rest I remember some fantastic music.
December 10, 2006
I don't really have anything positive to say about this movie, so I will just leave it at that.