Samay: When Time Strikes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Samay: When Time Strikes Reviews

½ February 8, 2016
Bollywood has a long tradition of blatant plagiarism, but this is a rare adaptation that has been done well. (I won't mention the Hollywood film that inspired it because it might give the game away) An impressively well-made murder mystery, 'Samay' is an underrated film that deserves an audience.
June 25, 2009
bosssssssss!bossssssssssssss!!ekta chobi.its about a serial killer and a brilliant police officer trying to catch him!!!
February 12, 2009
I had no idea about the *-----* being the last victim but the old man didn't seem to have a connection!!
Good movie, suspense all the way
Definitely worth seeing if you like detective movies!
Kind like a cat-mouse film. You think you know the suspect but then it changes and you have to think again!
However it was good, nice acting, good music & story.
½ August 31, 2008
The real strength of this untypical Bollywood film lies in the amazingly great performance of Sushmita Sen, who brilliantly proves she is an actress of great substance and not just good looks. Sen nicely captured the delicate intricacies of her complex character with beautiful acting and I think it is her strongest career performance. Jackie Shroff also was absolutely enlightning as Sen's adversary. Sen was the perfect actress for this role; no other Bollywood actress could have done as well!
July 14, 2008
the song in this movie with the model lucy bartholomew is really good!
½ May 21, 2008
I thought Kaun was the best bollywood thriller I had seen. Well Samay isn't even close to it but nonetheless the movie is watchable. The movie is all about chasing a serial killer and keeps you engaged but the end of the movie is a bit of let down. Sushmita Sen is decent but Sushant Singh is commendable even though he isnā??t portraying a strong character. If you are looking to watch a bollywood thriller, you can take a chance with this one.
April 17, 2008
THIS MOVIE MUST BE WRITTEN BY A GENIUS. EXCELLENT STORY
March 21, 2008
i luvd it..
sushmita vz amazing...
a very gud attempt!
February 3, 2008
gr8 movee.....not at all lyk our bollywood ones....a must watch for all...
½ November 6, 2007
nice thrilllllller movie.
½ June 23, 2007
Not like any other Indian movie I have seen ... I couldn't figure out who the serial killer was until the very end ... and the ending was soooo NOT Bollywood ...
June 10, 2007
wat a movie ...tho inspired by seven...still good...jacky shroff n sushmita's acting was excellent!!! i love the theme song of this movie..."zindegi har pal zindegi..."
May 25, 2007
a pretty good female crime drama.