Same Kind of Different As Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Same Kind of Different As Me Reviews

February 22, 2018
A great movie middle America. Wholesome viewing illustrating how God can change the hearts of men.
Good to see some top tier actors coming out for PureFlix.
February 8, 2018
We loved this, reminder that God sees differently than we do.
February 1, 2018
A very powerful movie that I definitely recommend, the critics reviews are bad because it isn't put together well, but don't be fooled...great drama.
January 28, 2018
This movie was outstanding. The official critics you definitely can ignore. Very inspiring and so glad I went to see this movie. Loved it. Deserved a nomination. Too bad it did not get any or more advertising. LOVED it
January 23, 2018
These critics suck. This was a good movie with a good message. Meanwhile these idiot critics rated "get out " as a 99? This is a good underrated movie. Touching story and should have been rated better by these idiot critics.
January 8, 2018
Seriously, it doesn't surprise me at all that the heathens of this world would ever give this movie a bad review! It is an awesome Christian movie! Well written, with stellar actors and awesome writing! It's beautiful to see Hollyweird spend some good money on a movie with a Godly meaning! Worth the watch, might even change you :)
January 6, 2018
Movie Title:

Same Kind of Different As Me

Grade: B+

Rating: PG-13, 119 minutes

In a Nutshell: Based on a true story, this movie will make you want to do more for the homeless to let them know they're not alone or invisible.

Tips for parents:

Some profanity, including racist slurs.
Discussion of the Klu Klux Klan and racism.
After watching the film, you should talk to your kids about the homeless and maybe even plan a special service project to help the homeless in your city!

Uplifting theme:

"While the journey of the homeless may begin in a hopeless place, it didn't have to end there." - Ron Hall (Greg Kinnear)
"God is in the recycling business of turning trash into treasure." - Denver (Djimon Hounsou)
"Sometimes you just gotta bless the hell out of people." - Denver
"It's kind of incredible what a little love can do." - Chef Jim (Thomas Francis Murphy)

Things I liked:

Without the lead actors, it may have felt like just another sappy Christian movie, but the superb performances by Renee Zellweger, Greg Kinnear, Djimon Hounsou, and Jon Voight elevate it to so much more.
I liked Debbie's sweet, soft voice. What an angel she was.
I really liked the idea of "catch and release" friendship. How do you treat your true friends?
The scene with the yellow roses was very sweet. Wouldn't we all like to have such an impact on others?
I always love seeing pictures and video clips of the real people at the end of a movie about them.

Things I didn't like:

I'm still not used to Renee Zelwegger's new face.
One of the first times we see Denver, he flies into a rage, but we're never told why.
I've never seen people clap and give a standing ovation for a eulogy at a funeral. Have you? It seemed odd and a bit inappropriate to me.
It's pretty predictable.

Funny lines:

"You wanna be my friend?" - Denver
"Uh huh..." - Ron

"I'm gonna have to think about that." - Denver

Interesting lines:

"I've done things I'm not proud of." - Clara (Ann Mahoney)
"We all have." - Debbie

"I just don't know how much a million dollars is worth anymore." - Ron
"When you're as precious to God, you're important to Satan." - Denver
December 28, 2017
I have a genuine pity for the faith-based audience. Few audiences are as underserved as the faithful. And few audiences are as exploited as the faith based filmgoer. The people at Pure Flix have made their fortune exploiting this audience by serving them half-baked, poorly made movies that pander to their faith without serving it. Pure Flix has little interest in the quality of their work and exist solely to make a buck. Just look at the awful roster of Pure Flix movies and you will find it difficult to argue my point.

Same Kind of Different as Me is not much different than those other low quality offerings; it just had the decency to hire better actors. Renee Zellweger and Djimon Hounsou may be at the mercy of a low-quality script and production, but they are far too good at what they do to be dragged down by it. They are the reason that I can't fully dislike Same Kind of Different as Me because when asked to deliver in big moments, their talent transcends the limitations of the Pure Flix machine. https://geeks.media/movie-review-same-kind-of-different-as-me?_ga=2.53453160.1126457623.1513947710-953607229.1513947710
December 20, 2017
Same Kind of Different - well done acting etc. - it shows what caring people under God's influence can achieve if moved in the right direction & is a movie that everyone needs to see especially those in the USA because it is a powder keg right at this moment that Mr.Trump started & needs to be defused before it explodes into another civil war!
December 3, 2017
Great movie with an ending that wasn't too predictable.
½ November 21, 2017
BEST BOOK ADAPTED TO A MOVIE EVER
November 14, 2017
so wholesome! better than 99.9% of the trash found on Netflix
November 11, 2017
Powerful. Tender. Touches on so many deeply felt. Issues. I was afraid the movie would be a disappointment after having read the book. That was not the case!
November 11, 2017
Very inspirational. I loved the movie. Had my attention right from the beginning.
November 10, 2017
That this movie is a true story makes it more interesting. I love Mr Hounsou's acting and Mr Kinnear's and Mr Voight's acting are very good too. I'm not a fan of Ms Zellweger and this movie did not change my opinion. Another actress might have given the movie more watchability. However, I was entertained and like realizing there are people that do make a difference.
November 9, 2017
Excellent movie! Very moving with profound messages and funny! Bring the tissues! Acting is amazing. a must see for all.
November 9, 2017
This was an excellent film with outstanding acting.
November 9, 2017
This movie inspires one to look outside of their personal bubble and be challenged to see others (homeless, dare I say politically different?) as people and to engage them, not simply to ignore or discard them as lost. Poor reviews aren't reacting to the "sappiness", they are averse to morality...sorry..."Christian" morality.
November 7, 2017
The heart of the story is that we can each make a difference if we just get out of ourselves and really care about someone else. I loved this beautiful account of the difference selfless people made in the world.
November 7, 2017
A great family movie of compassion giving and restoration ... I would see it again ? ? ? ? ?