Same Kind of Different As Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Same Kind of Different As Me Reviews

December 3, 2017
Great movie with an ending that wasn't too predictable.
½ November 21, 2017
BEST BOOK ADAPTED TO A MOVIE EVER
November 14, 2017
so wholesome! better than 99.9% of the trash found on Netflix
November 11, 2017
Powerful. Tender. Touches on so many deeply felt. Issues. I was afraid the movie would be a disappointment after having read the book. That was not the case!
November 11, 2017
Very inspirational. I loved the movie. Had my attention right from the beginning.
November 10, 2017
That this movie is a true story makes it more interesting. I love Mr Hounsou's acting and Mr Kinnear's and Mr Voight's acting are very good too. I'm not a fan of Ms Zellweger and this movie did not change my opinion. Another actress might have given the movie more watchability. However, I was entertained and like realizing there are people that do make a difference.
November 9, 2017
Excellent movie! Very moving with profound messages and funny! Bring the tissues! Acting is amazing. a must see for all.
November 9, 2017
This was an excellent film with outstanding acting.
November 9, 2017
This movie inspires one to look outside of their personal bubble and be challenged to see others (homeless, dare I say politically different?) as people and to engage them, not simply to ignore or discard them as lost. Poor reviews aren't reacting to the "sappiness", they are averse to morality...sorry..."Christian" morality.
November 7, 2017
The heart of the story is that we can each make a difference if we just get out of ourselves and really care about someone else. I loved this beautiful account of the difference selfless people made in the world.
November 7, 2017
A great family movie of compassion giving and restoration ... I would see it again ? ? ? ? ?
November 6, 2017
An excellent portrayal of front-line Christian faith in action and the Power of Love in action.
November 6, 2017
Amazing story of forgiveness and reaching beyond your comfort zone to care about the people you overlook everyday
½ November 6, 2017
I saw this on Saturday and really enjoyed it. The movie shows how much of a difference people can make by having the courage to reach out to other people. Movies like this were typical like 10 years ago, I wish we had more movies like this.
November 5, 2017
Very heartwarming film! The movie does a good job inspiring folks to be more compassionate to the homeless, and helping you understand the rejection the homeless feel from society. I can't understand why the critics gave it such a low rating. Maybe it had to do with the scenes depicting the blacks working in cotton fields, or the reality of the KKK that they faced years ago, but I found that to be more informative rather than offensive. Great true story of how a wealthy white family befriended a homeless black man and how he impacted their lives. Worth your time!
November 5, 2017
That the 'tomatometer' and the audience score are miles apart tells you something about the reviewers - don't go by the tomatometer. This is a great movie with a much needed message. Go see it!
½ November 5, 2017
Read the book and couldn?t wait to see this! Great movie. Might be a little slow in parts but hang in there, it all leads up to something great. Truly inspirational!
November 4, 2017
Loved the book. Loved the movie even more!
November 4, 2017
Loved this story. This was a well acted and passionate story, Djimon Hounsou is magnificent in his role.
November 4, 2017
Awesome story, very inspiring!