Sammy and Rosie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sammy and Rosie Reviews

July 2, 2012
British Pakistani's are so cool.
½ September 27, 2008
When the 'old world' meets its cosmopolitan urban offspring against a backdrop of open relationships, race revolts, shady business and political scandal. Feelin' it!
March 3, 2008
Fun movie from a dead time.
½ February 15, 2008
one wacky couple... and that guy from the fine young cannibals makes it that much better..
the best line is when the father says.. "I am content.. it is agitation that I seek"
January 27, 2008
in a perfect world, it'd be mentioned in the same breath as 8 1/2 and Dr. Strangelove. profoundly ambitious and hysterical. a work of gonzo genius.
½ December 23, 2007
from the the English period of Frears
½ December 19, 2007
Very many nice touches: I saw this with a friend (who's since written about the social construction of gender), and we both cracked up about the evening class on semiotics, etc.
November 28, 2007
This movie made me become a screenwriter.
½ November 23, 2007
ahh movies back when they could be fun little grandiosities, which our neocon hell of a country will never be able to make (apologies for the diatribe.)
November 13, 2007
London Burns. Lesbians Rule. Girls just want to have fun. Perfect 80s City Cinema.
November 10, 2007
Frances Barber crept into my teenage consciousness with this anti Thatcher polemic. All 80's angst chiming with my growing political awareness.
November 3, 2007
My favourite all time movie by Stephen Frears. I saw this film when I was 18 in the movie theatre when the political climate in England was being over run by Thatcher. I love this film!