Sammy and Rosie Reviews

• Jul 02, 2012

British Pakistani's are so cool.

British Pakistani's are so cool.

• Sep 27, 2008

When the 'old world' meets its cosmopolitan urban offspring against a backdrop of open relationships, race revolts, shady business and political scandal. Feelin' it!

• Mar 03, 2008

Fun movie from a dead time.

Fun movie from a dead time.

• Feb 11, 2008

one wacky couple... and that guy from the fine young cannibals makes it that much better.. the best line is when the father says.. "I am content.. it is agitation that I seek"

• Jan 27, 2008

in a perfect world, it'd be mentioned in the same breath as 8 1/2 and Dr. Strangelove. profoundly ambitious and hysterical. a work of gonzo genius.

• Dec 19, 2007

Very many nice touches: I saw this with a friend (who's since written about the social construction of gender), and we both cracked up about the evening class on semiotics, etc.

• Nov 28, 2007

This movie made me become a screenwriter.

This movie made me become a screenwriter.

• Nov 23, 2007

ahh movies back when they could be fun little grandiosities, which our neocon hell of a country will never be able to make (apologies for the diatribe.)

• Nov 13, 2007

London Burns. Lesbians Rule. Girls just want to have fun. Perfect 80s City Cinema.

• Nov 10, 2007

Frances Barber crept into my teenage consciousness with this anti Thatcher polemic. All 80's angst chiming with my growing political awareness.