Sample People - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sample People Reviews

½ May 1, 2015
On the surface, like an Aussie attempt at Human Traffic, just as Go was the USA's. However, while equally as cluttered up with action and drama as Go, the characters are very well observed like those in Human Traffic. There's no single plot, which for for me is a strength, but apparently for most reviewers a fatal flaw. Sheer energy keeps it moving, and for all its messiness I enjoyed it, and more than Dogs in Space, another budget indie cult movie to come out of Australia. More to think about than first meets the eye.
½ April 9, 2012
The story of four groups of Sydney-siders as they seek escape routes over one sweltering weekend. Len (Nathan Page) the dreamer who stutters shyly just wants the gorgeous DJ Lush Puppy. Sem (Joel Edgerton) is a funky musician who has a premonition warning him that his girlfriend Cleo (Paula Arundell) is in danger. He just wants to get them both out of their inner-city world. Andy (Simon Lyndon) is a charismatic drifter who's conned his way through life and stolen money from his boss TT (David Field). He just wants to head up the coast with TT's girlfriend Jess (Kylie Minogue) but seems to be falling deeper into a love triangle of drugs and delusion. Finally, there's Joey (Justin Rosniak), a TV affected Homeboy who reveals to his best friend Gus that he's got a gun and will use it sooner or later. The inevitable moment will arrive when his violent gangster fantasies become reality. As the lives of our heroes become dramatically entwined, the consequences of their actions ricochet off each other. At 3 am Sunday morning their paths are drawn into one final life and death climax.

also stars Ben Mendelson and Gandhi MacIntyre.

directed by Clinton Smith.
September 1, 2011
An upbeat dramatic thriller about four groups of Sydney-siders as they seek escape routes over one sweltering weekend. Len the dreamer who stutters shyly just wants the gorgeous DJ Lush Puppy. Sem is a funky musician who has a premonition warning him that his girlfriend Cleo is in danger. He just wants to get them both out of their inner-city world. Andy is a charismatic drifter who's conned his way through life and stolen money from his boss TT. He just wants to head up the coast with TT's girlfriend Jess but seems to be falling deeper into a love triangle of drugs and delusion. Finally, there's Joey, a TV affected Homeboy who reveals to his best friend Gus that he's got a gun and will use it sooner or later. The inevitable moment will arrive when his violent gangster fantasies become reality. As the lives of our heroes become dramatically entwined, the consequences of their actions ricochet off each other. At 3 am Sunday morning their paths are drawn into one final life and death climax.

stars Kylie Minogue, Ben Mendelshon, Nathan Page, Justin Rosniak, Ghandi McIntyre, Simon Lyndon, David Field, Joel Edgerton and Paula Arundell.

directed by Clinton Smith.
April 28, 2011
im-in-this-im-one-of-the-babies
½ September 15, 2010
I barely remember it now, but it was pretty bad. I only watched it because Ben Mendelsohn was in it, and I ended up with a huge crush on Len :P
September 8, 2009
Wasted ninety minutes of my life watching this crap (was a free gift). Got a lot of Aussie adolescants trying to act cool and tough. One or two funny bits. Glad Kylie Minogue went onto better things.
April 10, 2009
having seen the delinquents, i thought a movie featuring kylie would've been "better", since she's in such great movies like bio-dome and street fighter, hahaha. this movie sucked, and not even her and her cocaine snorting ways could save it. i was told people from adelaide should avoid this movie (whatever that means), but everyone should avoid watching this. i think people need to get over the fact she at least knows how to act, seeing as how she was in soaps for the longest time, and that she just kind of stumbled into singing later on. reminded me of trainspotting and go (i mean sh*t, look at the cover above, hahaha).
½ April 3, 2009
It's got Kylie in it. She's mean. Grrr.
September 28, 2008
Brilliant little movie with many odd moments. Reminds me a lot of Guy Ritche films.
August 24, 2008
whats better that kylie doin a line?
½ June 4, 2008
i thought this movie was attrocious. its so 90s with really bad acting. Kylie was the only driving force for it and even she was a bit pushed.
June 1, 2008
Kylie Is Fab A Must For Fans Of The MINI MOGUE The Coke Binging Minx With A Straw Stuck Up Her Nose Funny Scene
February 16, 2008
i love this movie, kylie yeah!
January 8, 2008
This movie wants to be like "Go" but is nowhere near as interesting. The whole thing is rather tedious ... full of characters I didn't care about. The only saving grace was watching Kylie Minogue play against type - as a gun wielding, coke snorting gangster's "girl". She's the best thing in this waste of 92 minutes.
December 12, 2007
really, don't bother.
October 4, 2007
This is a classic Kylie film, she is fab as the drug taking minx, plus she is sexy on a stick in it!!!
October 3, 2007
I first saw it on TV bout a year ago, and i was like how have i not seen this before
September 20, 2007
definitely a must for Kylie lovers! Similar to "Go" but on a bad acid trip! Lotsa fun....and Kylie is HOT as hell in it!.....and so are the boys!
June 18, 2007
Definetly a crazy movie... kinda like GO, but a lot better. Loved watching Kylie play a cocaine addicted, gangster's girlfriend... she is hardcore in this movie!