Samsara - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Samsara Reviews

August 11, 2015
documentário experimental em que imagens de vulcões em erupção, coreografias coletivas, megalópoles congestionadas, fábricas em produção, e mais um sem número de fazeres humanos e belezas e eventos naturais, se relacionam fluída e organicamente ao som de uma hipnotizante e etérea trilha sonora.
½ August 10, 2015
tout simplement wow!
July 26, 2015
The world is full of marvelous beautiful things.
½ July 25, 2015
I feel like I don't know anything about our world after watching this amazing documentary. I feel like I am a bit wiser now.
Samsara is breathtaking. The cinematography is so stunning and gorgeous. It is well-shot and really effective. The music is also amazing. Samsara not only managed to deliver the beautiful side of the world but also displayed the opposite side which is haunting and disturbing.
It is so stunning that the entire movie doesn't even include a single word. No dialogue at all.
In the end, I would say Samsara is a visually striking documentary which is definitely worth your time.
July 13, 2015
A fascinating collection of images, some very beautiful, some very disturbing -- definitely worth watching!
June 24, 2015
honestly one of the best uses of film since the beginning of "motion pictures". If you allow it, this film will stare back at you. It is a narrative of the current paradigm of material monism in the western and eastern world. When I first saw the film, I could not finish it because It was hard to absorb so much information. I turned it off the first ten minutes because my eyes began to ache from not blinking. And no, I am not joking. I finished it the second time around with just a sense of knowledge that I did not possess before. Sounds dramatic, but I dont watch film the same way now.
½ June 7, 2015
Samsara offers brutal honesty and gorgeous cinematography, which is just enough to get you through its sometimes dull parts.
Grade: B-
½ May 24, 2015
Breath taking beauty in 70mm
½ April 10, 2015
By far one of the greatest documentaries I have ever seen
March 18, 2015
Slightly under the level of Baraka, Samsara remain a beautiful journey throughout the world and captures some of the most amazing images from around he globe. Extremely well shot and edited, the film plays like a series of breathtaking shots of people, human constructions, natural wonders and other beauties that make us look at the world in a different way. This is a great film for people willing to travel and experience something purely visual, sensorial and emotional.
March 18, 2015
Some beautiful images, but the "message" was a simplistic, banal and juvenile commentary on the worlds problems.
March 7, 2015
How is one supposed to watch this? In silence and speculation? I watched it with a good friend at home, and we watched and chatted, about our lives, about the movie. A beautiful image would pass and we would gaze entranced; something unexpected would surface and we would launch into discussion. There are many beautiful and interesting things to consider here, and I enjoyed SAMSARA greatly.
½ February 19, 2015
Clever and Thoughtful!
A big cake slice of one family's life. Completely fantastic in how Un-fantastic it is. What seemed slow and uneventful at first continues to resonate after. Patricia Arquette shines as the committed and passionate mom, "doing her best"
(Amazing editing as well, considering its 12 years of footage.)
½ February 2, 2015
Freakin' eye/ear candy. Not for people who enjoy convention.
January 21, 2015
Nothing short of jaw dropping. Impossible to imagine without experiencing it for yourself.
January 18, 2015
If you liked Koyaanisqatsi or seeing the world you'll dig it.
January 17, 2015
Fascinating and beautiful. A glimpse into so many different parts of the world.
December 28, 2014
Some movies are not worth a rating.. they are merely to seen, felt and 'live in that moment' kind of a thing. Samsara is one of 'em.
½ December 8, 2014
Beautiful cinematography is the heart of this film. When it gets too deep into the message about saving the earth from humanity, I lost interest. But when humanity was at the center of the story, when gorgeous nature scenes were its backdrop, Samsara was a pretty fascinating documentary. I loved watching these huge set pieces in action, and catching these intimate human moments, these bombastic nature sequences in motion. It was beautiful and brilliant. But it got too caught up in its own message for its own good.
October 25, 2014
Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it - Buddha