Samson Versus the Vampire Women (Santo vs. las mujeres vampiro) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Samson Versus the Vampire Women (Santo vs. las mujeres vampiro) Reviews

June 28, 2014
Considered the best of the many Santo's the Wrestler films that where all made in Mexico & had a huge following despite their quality.

It's the story of a 21 year old virgin sort after by vampires for a nasty ritual & her father a professor summons the help of Santos the Wrestler.

I still can't believe this is the best of his films cause it is still sooooo bad. It has a few interesting qualities but it so poorly made. Santos was an interesting character that wrestled & starred in films for like 50 years.
½ December 21, 2013
Toss this one into the bucket of "Never Want to Watch Again". Samson VS the Vampire Women was about as interesting a cardboard box, with nothing written on it and all the flaps are missing. It meanders from one scene to the next, making little to no sense and boring the hell out of whoever decides to put themselves through it. I'll be honest though and admit that I did nap a bit while watching it, but I don't think anyone would hold that against me. It's a terrible movie. Even the semi-unintentionally comedic scenes of the wrestler running around fighting vampires held no real appeal to me, and that's pretty much all this movie is about. Thank goodness for the guys at Mystery Science Theater 3000 for making an attempt at making it interesting. My advice for anyone wanting to watch it would be to skip it altogether if they can.
April 22, 2013
A masterpiece of mexican cult cinema with the real wrestler "El Santo" (Samsom).
½ August 17, 2012
Strange goofy movie, but it's pretty hilarious looking. Even without MST3K you'll be laughing at how silly it is. Cheesy entertainment.
February 1, 2012
Esta cinta es un clásico, la película donde debuta El Santo, el Enmascarado de Plata en la pantalla grande. Es una de las primeras películas del género de Lucha, género fílmico, creado en Mexico, el cual tendrá todas las flaquezas argumentales y de producción que ustedes quieran, pero de que son entretenidas, son entretenidas. Jeje. Críticando con benevolencia, considero que la cinta está muy bien ambientada para el presupuesto tan ínfimo que tuvo. Considero que hubiera sido mejor si El Santo no anduviera con su atuendo de luchador todo el tiempo que solo esa capa es bien incómoda de andar, en eso mejoraron luego ya en la cintas a color donde obvio debe su máscara pero usando vestimentas normales, que lo hacen integrarse mejor con el elenco en las escenas. Igualmente, es una lástima que Lorena Velazquez, la diosa del cine fantasioso de México, realmente no salga mucho en la cinta, donde la lacaya es la que chupa gran parte del tiempo de la cinta, por no decir sangre de sus víctimas. No creo que sea la mejor cinta del Santo, hay otras mejores, pero para fans del tema, ciertamente es material mandatorio de ver.
½ October 6, 2011
Awful. Even for starring the famous luchador El Santo, this one had really nothing going for it. Terrible plot, terrible dubbing, boring wrestling. Bad, bad, bad.
September 26, 2011
Now I like Santo's movies. Sure they're hokey but some of them have some real charm to them. This one doesn't. It's fucking bad. So much that it would land on MST3K. I should have watched it that way but w/ a cold I tortured myself w/ its awfulness that only made me feel worse. That's too bad because usually shitty movies make me feel better when Im under the weather & fevered Im usually a little more forgiving. This movie just made my brain boil. Did you know it was prophesied that Santos would be the chosen savor? Were there luchadors 2000 years ago? Sure there was wrestling since the dawn of man but would they really foretell the silver mask? Snickeringly bad writting, crummy wrestling & a mind numbing pace did me in for the 1-2-3
½ September 4, 2011
MST3K. Loved Torgo the White.
½ June 27, 2011
Everything it's cracked up to be. A true classic!
April 29, 2011
This is the Gone With the Wind of the Mexiluchahero film genre.Masked wrestling champion el Santo(called Samson in this dubbed version) battles muy sexy vampire women and their muscular male slaves to protect a beautiful young girl from a centuries old curse.Santo,who wears a mask,but has no secret identity to speak of is more than up to the task.This flick is a lot of fun.I wish there had been an American comic book adaptation of this with Steve Ditko pencils and Wally Wood inks.Viva el Santo.
May 17, 2010
It's so wonderfully odd and atrocious it's hard not to enjoy.
July 20, 2009
Wow.... Even for a wrestler, our hero is dressed ridiculously!

This is another "title says it all" film.
October 27, 2008
Granted, I saw the MST3K version, so that was hilarious.

But the only thing the real movie had going for it, was a masked Mexican wrestler fighting vampire women.