Samurai X - Trust & Betrayal (Rurôni Kenshin: Meiji kenkaku roman tan: Tsuioku hen) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Samurai X - Trust & Betrayal (Rurôni Kenshin: Meiji kenkaku roman tan: Tsuioku hen) Reviews

May 23, 2016
Perhaps one of the greatest anime of all time; the last act is nothing short of brilliant.
June 24, 2015
best movie ever created
May 20, 2014
A rich and unforgettable origin story that paints a very dark and troubled picture of one of the seminal anime characters' early life... Samurai X could perhaps rival the likes of Miyazaki.
March 1, 2014
Best animation and possibly top 10best movies of all time.
June 3, 2013
It is a powerful yet sad chapter for Kenshin but it brings a great depth to the character from the series. We see how he gets his scar and how he lived after the series ended.
June 1, 2013
Fans of 90's anime might like it. This has some sweet bladework worth watching, the strobe effect is a nice touch. It's mostly vanilla, sentimental chaff though. About 40% of it is great, so two stars. Watch Ninja Resurrection instead. Maybe the series is better? I prefer Basilisk, and Moeyo Ken. Samurai Champloo and Samurai 7 are the best I've seen in the genre.
December 27, 2012
Im not interested in the storyline.
October 21, 2012
Great anime finalazing the orignes of Kenshin.
½ July 8, 2012
?????? ??? ????? ?? ????? ???????? assassin ??? ???? ???? ????? ????????? ??? ??? ?????????? ????, ?? ???? ?????? ??? ??? ??????, ????? ??? ?? ????????? ?? ???? ?????????????
June 16, 2012
A true masterpiece in storytelling and drama overall.
May 30, 2012
violent...bloody....my kinda movie! also sad.
½ April 6, 2012
Very nice it was great to know how was Kenshin's life before the original series and how he got his scar. I cryed on the last episode T_T.
April 3, 2012
Finishing off the Trust/Betrayel saga. *sniff*
March 27, 2012
if you are looking for some of the best anime ever, look no further. the directors cut isnt the best one however, get the original versions. An absolute masterpiece.
December 31, 2011
Sadly, the English version is ruined by unbelievably monotone voice actors, still, when watched with the original Japanese audio and subtitles, this movie is amazing. Unlike the other movies and the T.V. show, this movie follows the books (19-21) to the letter. The only change is in the beginning, where a scene spread out in the books is compiled into one scene, making it easier to understand. This is arguably one of the best tragedies ever written, and this movie is a must-see.
½ November 30, 2011
Despite being slow in some places, samurai x is mature and heart breaking story that owes its success to great development of characters and its ability to evoke outpouring emotions that defies the label of anime to a level of stirring cinema.
November 26, 2011
It's funny how I could'nt give a live action a full score, but rather to this anime movie.Most animes have a very good start but end up flopping up the storyline with foolish happy endings, but this my friends...this movie should be a standard for any movie...touching storyline,dramatic, smashing finish, beautiful background music and most of all , a well known character of the mangaverse..Samurai X.
½ August 24, 2011
May 20, 2011
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuioku Hen is probably one of the greatest OVA series of all times. Amazing animation, superb screenplay, top quality score and direction. I used the director's cut of the OVAS to make some critics reconsider their opinion about anime.