Rur˘ni Kenshin: Seis˘ hen (Samurai X: Reflection) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rur˘ni Kenshin: Seis˘ hen (Samurai X: Reflection) Reviews

½ October 3, 2014
Imagine having a satisfying ending to a legendary manga and its equally good anime. Now imagine writing a poorly written fanfic that isn't canon to either the manga or anime, contradicts every bit of character development in both, and has an infuriatingly unnecessary sad ending. Now imagine animating that fanfic. Yup.
June 10, 2014
The fight scenes are cool and the animation is superb but the whole thing falls apart on two levels. For non-fans of the source material this is just an incoherent melodramatic mess. For fans of the source material such as myself, this movie is nothing better than just a clipshow of certain moments from the manga with no story explanation and a tad better animation. Also, the characterization of Kenshin is totally off so yeah screw this movie.
½ May 25, 2013
it is a sequal to samuri x andinorder to understand it you need to wach the whole series other that it s a sad movie but it worth watching
October 28, 2012
I hate this movie, I hate this movie, I hate this movie,,, Such a sad ending is too much... Hardcore fans of Kenshin should stay away from this movie and let the story end at OVA+Series 96th episode... A happy ending is always preferred... Damn... Its even hard to type with these misty eyes... I hate this movie... Yet this was a good one... Have to admit that much...
but, don't watch it... for your mental peace... don't....
October 21, 2012
The final movie of the Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X series. Kenshin finally dies.
½ August 6, 2012
As the plot was muddled and incoherent, in contrast to trust and betrayal this film just falls so short of the OVA and even the series.
May 22, 2012
look behind the stroy of kenshin
April 7, 2012
The onlu down side to this serious is its length making really hard to see from start to finish
½ April 3, 2012
Great saga! touching...
April 3, 2012
So beautiful yet so so so sad cryed the whole time. Wasn't expecting for such kind of ending to Kenshin but at least he finally got a change to rest after everything he been trought. Kenji and the other girl and the end ressembled so much of Kaoru and Kenshin guess that was the idea of the creators.
½ December 31, 2011
While it isn't as good as the books, this movie is still great. The English version is ruined by the most monotone voice actors alive, but the translation is still pretty accurate. I recommend watching this movie with subtitles. The best part of this movie would have to be that it includes the extra chapter about Yahiko and the 8 page ending that were never put into the 28th book.
½ December 18, 2011
Because it was from the Director of Fatal Fury 2 which cause me to have a little interest on Samuari X.I had never seen the 90+ episodes of Samurai X,the first time I watch it,is the movie while Kenshin is one of my favorite anime characters.The 2 episodes of this OVA are more about the flash back story between Kensin and his wife Kaoru.The sword fights direction is simply stunning though it's short.The story is kinda sad,I can't believe the Creator did this to Kenshin(Watch it and find out :)).But the ending seems like is the hint of the sequel.:)
September 3, 2011
Topnotch. A masterpiece of masterpieces.
August 24, 2011
April 12, 2011
This isn't the Rurouni Kenshin I fell in love with! Kenshin is supposed to be a humble witty samurai, not a douche who has sex with his wife and gives her AIDS. Don't even get me started on Kaoru! The only saving grace is the animation, but other than that this movie doesn't deserve the title of Samurai X
½ October 18, 2010
How do you go from pure artistry to a waste of time??

This is a ginormous let down down as a conclusion to the series that brought anime to the next level, the pacing all over the place with battles one minute and moments of depression in the next. In fact the entire film in it's self is down right depressing and I truly forgot this even exsisted until a friend suggested that I come over to her house to watch the darn thing.

The verdict?: If you like over the top sappyness with horrible pacing ( which I assume you don't ) skip this movie and just re-watch the previous one you'll probably enjoy it more than watching this film.
September 12, 2010
My main issues with this film is the dull clipshow of stuff we have seen before, killing of Kenshin and eventually Karou, and completely removing any personality traits. Besides all that its so sad.
August 25, 2010
Kinda disappointing. The ending was a let down, and most of the material was done in the TV series already. Simply phenomenol animation makes it worth seeing though.
½ July 27, 2010
Muy buen final de la historia de Rurouni Kenshin.