Reviews

• Jul 16, 2012

Monday, July 16, 2012 (1977) The 36 Crazy Fists DUBBED MARTIAL ARTS/ ACTION Don't be fooled by the poster because Jackie Chan is "not" in this period piece flick at all for he's only credited for choreographing the martial art fights done in the film and his name is only used as a selling point. And the plot is identical to "Snake In The Eagles Shadow" whereas young protege eager to learn martial arts for 1) so that he doesn't have to pay any protection money to some local thugs and 2) to avenge for the death of both him and his siter's father. As a result of a couple of monks visiting the village market, a couple of monks went and saved someone from a beating who the person the thugs were beating up also happen to have a sister. Anyways one of the two monks happen to be a sucker for the person that they have save happens to have an attractive sister, who decided to make it his goal for him to learn martial arts by introducing him to an assortment of martial art teachers. Although much of the fights is anything anone can see from any average 'chop sockey' flick, I have to admit they're also some very impressive acrobatics along with some of those fight scenes even if a stunt double was used doing the flips. The main villian is also same main baddie in "The Fearless Hyena" except in this one, it would take pupils to defeat him and not just the one. The movie is still slightly better than your average chop sockey flick. 3 out of 4

• Nov 20, 2011

Not good, but the combat is definitely entertaining. The dubbing is ridiculous. I would suggest other films first. It is a shame most martial arts film are essentially the same movie repeated.

• Mar 17, 2011

reminds me a lot of "half loaf of kung fu" same humor and film style.. even though jackie's name is attached to this film he isn't in it for long ..

• Aug 20, 2010

[font=Arial]This is yet another older kung fu film directed and instructed by Jackie Chan, the fight scenes are well coreographed seeing that Jackie Chan was the coreographer but its more humorous than action packed, its still really good though, I guess if you don't like old kung fu films you wouldn't like this one, but it is still a classic film, and even had a rock band named after it. Kung-Fu Junkies only. [/font]

• Aug 20, 2010

Here's another film rating.

Here's another film rating.

• Dec 15, 2009

no on screen chan. little bit of a let down

no on screen chan. little bit of a let down

• Feb 04, 2009

A solid Jackie Chan kung fu flick. This is one of three movies I got in the triple punch collection.

• Dec 04, 2008

Strange British dubbing. Buddha's name be praised! Funny breast joke an hour in. Repetitive and comical sound effects.

• Jul 19, 2008

Martial arts flick done on the cheap and directed by Jackie Chan. Some of Chan’s comedic style is apparent in the fight sequences, but a largely predictable story of Leung learning kung fu for revenge. Good kung fu, but doesn’t work with the English dubbing.

• May 10, 2008

Certainly not one of his best. I actually fell asleep half way through, and I"m a fan.