Sanctum - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sanctum Reviews

½ October 9, 2016
This film has some amazing visual effects, but the script is quite banal and filled with trite characters.
However, despite being predictable, Sanctum manages to achieve a certain level of enjoyment thanks to its striking photography.
½ September 7, 2016
Everyone drowns. The End
August 27, 2016
Si me gustó, pero hay partes aburridas, no sentí conexión con los personajes, hay muchas cosas pasadas que lo encontr (C) sentido y la evolución de la relación entre Richard Roxburgh y Rhys Wakefield la sentí forzada.
½ August 21, 2016
While most others didn't like it I thought the movie was really suspenseful and claustrophobic. Could have skipped some cliches about characters, though. Worthwile to watch if you really like realistic adventure movies.
August 8, 2016
It has its moments, watchable.
August 2, 2016
Director, Alister Grierson, directed a claustrophobic underwater thriller, about the dangers and beauties of exploring underwater caves. James Cameron (The Terminator, Aliens, Titanic) produces this film, and you can tell his involvement in the movie. This film is intense, gritty, and thrilling. Loved this movie!
½ March 27, 2016
Absolute shocker.. The most overacted movie i have had the displeasure of wasting my time with. Just dont do it.
December 20, 2015
I was already settled down to buy the 3d movie, but then I read that it has 32 uses of the F word. My wife and i get so distracted by excessive language. We can handle four uses, which is what a pg-13 is. So sad.
½ November 1, 2015
However, despite being predictable, this movie has got a certain percentage of enjoyment.
½ October 13, 2015
A movie so beautifully made, but with catastrophic performances.
August 3, 2015
An embarrassment for James Cameron (who didn't have much power considering he was executive producer), Sanctum has a purpose and a premise, but fails to execute it correctly
½ July 21, 2015
This movie SUCKED. From beginning to end I wanted to walk out but I was with other people so I didn't.
June 18, 2015
Though it's held back by commonplace characters and lackluster dialogue, Sanctum is impressively shot and its double dose of claustro/hydrophobia make it an action-thriller that will have you holding your breath.
May 28, 2015
I think I was suppose to see this in 3d, which is a gimmick I don't really care for. Sure the cinematography is quite gorgeous as we explore the dangers of being trapped in a cave, but it doesn't make up for a predictable script and bland characters. Maybe going with the actual story this is based on whereas all of them survived would be more dramatic and entertaining.
½ April 27, 2015
Sanctum is a thriller adventure and survival movie about a group of explorers who goes to Papua New Guinea to discover unexplored cave systems and then an accident happens. This movie will surely made you ask about choices and judgement that is between hanging life and death. It will ask your morals on which is to choose and which is not. Actually, Sanctum, the title itself means free from intrusion. In this movie, Sanctum feels like how to be free from guilt of one's judgement and choices. I wish this movie would have a more resolve ending. It ended with an emotional drama because of tragedy yet it failed to be a compelling movie. It also didn't show a climax that will be memorable like putting a solution to the problems that occurred or do a rescue mission to have it ended with a good story. Yet it just simply ended plainly as a one-man survival movie.
½ March 19, 2015
Very suspenseful after a slow start. Almost breathlessly terrifying in certain portions - remember to breathe. A lot of people die along the way. Worth watching.
March 9, 2015
Amazing and TWISTED!! WARNING!! Great movie and amazing plot but certain scenarios may traumatize you. Seriously James Cameron you are Awesome, so offense I will never watch this movie disturbingly real.
BUT it is a must see!!
½ January 24, 2015
It was very meh. Just meh. Moving on.
½ January 16, 2015
It was an alright movie most of the movie was good but the ending was a bit lacklustre though
January 9, 2015
Not much for the acting, but it's very tense. I don't know, I like movies like this, watch it.