Sanctum - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sanctum Reviews

November 6, 2017
A low budget cave diving film which shoos in family drama as well. The death scenes are quite graphic and there is enough action as the party try and escape a seemingly deep dead-end cavern network to keep you watching.
September 8, 2017
If you're looking for a sequel to "The Abyss", you're not going to find any NTI's in this flooding condition. Executive Producer James Cameron doesn't lift much of a finger keeping Alister Grierson doing most of the work, and although it had some sequential screen shots, it doesn't seem to flow with the underwater situations.
May 13, 2017
Director, Alister Grierson, directed a claustrophobic underwater thriller, about the dangers and beauties of exploring underwater caves. James Cameron (The Terminator, Aliens, Titanic) produces this film, and you can tell his involvement in the movie. This film is intense, gritty, realistic, and thrilling. Loved this movie!
April 6, 2017
La trama piena di cliché e personaggi approssimativi non aiuta di certo un film che fa una enorme fatica a trasmettere emozioni. Oltre ad essere pessimo per quanto riguarda la sceneggiatura, Sanctum presenta anche degli effetti speciali piuttosto scadenti con ambientazioni e luci irrealistiche. Viste le premesse il risultato poteva essere decisamente più interessante, ma così come stanno le cose sarà certamente un film che mi dimenticherò molto in fretta.
½ March 22, 2017
"Sanctum" adalah sebuah film yang tidak hanya menawarkan sebuah petualangan yang mencekam, tetapi dibalut dengan drama yang tragis, dan pemandangan latar yang sangat indah.
January 24, 2017
Very surprising film. Was expecting just a bunch of guys underwater but instead we got a realistic, tense thriller set in around underground caves. God knows why James Cameron has his name all over it considering he didn't direct or produce it! Very enjoyable, although Ioan Gruffudd's American accent is too over the top for me... as bad as Ewan McGregors! That aside, good film!
January 10, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ November 15, 2016
Cool movie, terrible acting.
½ October 9, 2016
This film has some amazing visual effects, but the script is quite banal and filled with trite characters.
However, despite being predictable, Sanctum manages to achieve a certain level of enjoyment thanks to its striking photography.
½ September 7, 2016
Everyone drowns. The End
August 27, 2016
Si me gustó, pero hay partes aburridas, no sentí conexión con los personajes, hay muchas cosas pasadas que lo encontrà (C) sentido y la evolución de la relación entre Richard Roxburgh y Rhys Wakefield la sentí forzada.
½ August 21, 2016
While most others didn't like it I thought the movie was really suspenseful and claustrophobic. Could have skipped some cliches about characters, though. Worthwile to watch if you really like realistic adventure movies.
August 8, 2016
It has its moments, watchable.
½ March 27, 2016
Absolute shocker.. The most overacted movie i have had the displeasure of wasting my time with. Just dont do it.
December 20, 2015
I was already settled down to buy the 3d movie, but then I read that it has 32 uses of the F word. My wife and i get so distracted by excessive language. We can handle four uses, which is what a pg-13 is. So sad.
½ November 1, 2015
However, despite being predictable, this movie has got a certain percentage of enjoyment.
½ October 13, 2015
A movie so beautifully made, but with catastrophic performances.
August 3, 2015
An embarrassment for James Cameron (who didn't have much power considering he was executive producer), Sanctum has a purpose and a premise, but fails to execute it correctly
½ July 21, 2015
This movie SUCKED. From beginning to end I wanted to walk out but I was with other people so I didn't.
June 18, 2015
Though it's held back by commonplace characters and lackluster dialogue, Sanctum is impressively shot and its double dose of claustro/hydrophobia make it an action-thriller that will have you holding your breath.