Sanctum - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sanctum Reviews

May 28, 2016
Awesome Fucking movie.
½ March 27, 2016
Absolute shocker.. The most overacted movie i have had the displeasure of wasting my time with. Just dont do it.
December 20, 2015
I was already settled down to buy the 3d movie, but then I read that it has 32 uses of the F word. My wife and i get so distracted by excessive language. We can handle four uses, which is what a pg-13 is. So sad.
½ November 1, 2015
This film has some amazing visual effects, but the script is quite banal and filled with trite characters.
However, despite being predictable, this movie has got a certain percentage of enjoyment.
½ October 13, 2015
A movie so beautifully made, but with catastrophic performances.
August 3, 2015
An embarrassment for James Cameron (who didn't have much power considering he was executive producer), Sanctum has a purpose and a premise, but fails to execute it correctly
½ July 21, 2015
This movie SUCKED. From beginning to end I wanted to walk out but I was with other people so I didn't.
June 18, 2015
Though it's held back by commonplace characters and lackluster dialogue, Sanctum is impressively shot and its double dose of claustro/hydrophobia make it an action-thriller that will have you holding your breath.
May 28, 2015
I think I was suppose to see this in 3d, which is a gimmick I don't really care for. Sure the cinematography is quite gorgeous as we explore the dangers of being trapped in a cave, but it doesn't make up for a predictable script and bland characters. Maybe going with the actual story this is based on whereas all of them survived would be more dramatic and entertaining.
½ April 27, 2015
Sanctum is a thriller adventure and survival movie about a group of explorers who goes to Papua New Guinea to discover unexplored cave systems and then an accident happens. This movie will surely made you ask about choices and judgement that is between hanging life and death. It will ask your morals on which is to choose and which is not. Actually, Sanctum, the title itself means free from intrusion. In this movie, Sanctum feels like how to be free from guilt of one's judgement and choices. I wish this movie would have a more resolve ending. It ended with an emotional drama because of tragedy yet it failed to be a compelling movie. It also didn't show a climax that will be memorable like putting a solution to the problems that occurred or do a rescue mission to have it ended with a good story. Yet it just simply ended plainly as a one-man survival movie.
½ March 19, 2015
Very suspenseful after a slow start. Almost breathlessly terrifying in certain portions - remember to breathe. A lot of people die along the way. Worth watching.
March 9, 2015
Amazing and TWISTED!! WARNING!! Great movie and amazing plot but certain scenarios may traumatize you. Seriously James Cameron you are Awesome, so talented...no offense I will never watch this movie again...so disturbingly real.
BUT it is a must see!!
½ January 24, 2015
It was very meh. Just meh. Moving on.
½ January 16, 2015
It was an alright movie most of the movie was good but the ending was a bit lacklustre though
January 9, 2015
Not much for the acting, but it's very tense. I don't know, I like movies like this, watch it.
½ December 31, 2014
A perfect action, suspense, thriller (I don't know, you choose!) to want to make you stay comfortable in your sofa! Exploration is way way way too risky for us little people.
October 4, 2014
a decently done cave adventure that falls short of being great do to some cheesy moments that just kill it's momentum. There are some tense moments and I'm sure if they dropped all the cussing it would have made a pg13 rating that would have justified the movie as a whole.
September 23, 2014
I don't know what all these idiot "critics" are talking about, but I for one thought it was a good movie and the actors were pretty good (what terrible acting???). Maybe I'm just not a big no-it-all film and actor critic, but all I know is that 12 hrs after watching the film, I'm still thinking about it... it was very thought provoking.
September 4, 2014
Actually quite an enjoyable film ruined by some awful awful acting. If they had a better cast it could've been quite gripping.
September 1, 2014
It is really well realized and , expecially for the visual effects and the photography but the story is not nothing extraordinary.