Santa Claus Conquers the Martians Reviews

• Dec 25, 2018

This movie is so bad it's good - well, the MST3K version anyway. we made a parody christmas horror host show out of this and had a blast!!

• Dec 23, 2018

Best Christmas movie ever!!!!!!

Best Christmas movie ever!!!!!!

• Nov 29, 2018

3 words ï¿ 1/2~Mystery...... Science.......Theaterï¿ 1/2~.

3 words ï¿ 1/2~Mystery...... Science.......Theaterï¿ 1/2~.

• Dec 26, 2017

This movie deserves a much better reputation then it has. Speaks more to modern snarkiness, then the movie itself. I really enjoyed this when I was a kid and still enjoy it now.

• Dec 28, 2016

it was awful!!!!! I knew it would be bad but never expected it to be THIS bad. The effects are inexcusable, especially during a time with James Bond and the wizard of oz!!!! The martians don't even look like martians,then there's the polar bear which is so half-assed it's just hilarious. The robot is Also terrible. Plus at several parts you can literally hear the set crew laughing, like after someone says something about the smokestack of the queen elizabeth. It wasn't even funny!!!! Most of the time I forget this is even supposed to be a christmas movie!!!it has absolutely NOTHING to do with christmas except that it has santa claus in it. The only reason this isn't a lower rating is because it's so bad it is hilarious. If I just review based on the content I say 2/10 if I take into consideration how hilariously awful it is then 6/10

• Dec 03, 2016

A pretty damn terrible christmas film, but also one of the BEST WORST films i've ever seen! Recommend the MST3K and Rifftrax versions the most!!

• Aug 26, 2016

If this film wanted to engage kids at a level a braindead salamander could comprehend, it failed. But for us adults, it is the best so-bad-it's-good Xmas movie out there. Pia Zadora is in this one as a child actress - her Midas touch of suckiness would apparently carry over into the '80s when she was the star of "Voyage of the Rock Aliens."

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    May 03, 2016

Hailed as one of the worst films ever, it really was.

Hailed as one of the worst films ever, it really was.

• Apr 24, 2016

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964) ?? One of the all-time greats. Martians kidnap Santa Claus because there is nobody on Mars to give their children presents. Got that? Now forget it. Grade Z junk.

• Apr 05, 2016

I still very much appreciate its spirit, both in terms of no-budget filmmaking and sense of fun. I wish that the films of today could have even a fraction of its good-natured mischievous approach. Certainly film studios could learn a thing or two, in this ridiculous era of quarter-of-a-billion-dollar blockbusters. I for one don't need the equivalent of 'having my eyes masturbated', as one cinema critic so lovingly stated. I would prefer watching this in a second over any of the ham-fisted, cash-soaked holiday atrocities made in the past three decades (I believe 'A Christmas Story', and perhaps 'Elf' and 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation' to be the last decently-made Yuletide films). But don't take MY word for it...see it for yourself (without the stupid and condescending MST3K commentary) and make your OWN conclusion.