Sarah Landon and the Paranormal Hour - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sarah Landon and the Paranormal Hour Reviews

½ May 31, 2016
ukk pretty awful I fell asleep for some of it, not sure how my boyfriend made it all the way through
April 3, 2013
The only thing good about this movie was the popcorn and coke that I bought at the concession stand.
October 25, 2012
This was the most amazing movie I have ever seen... From the horrible acting to the really bad turnip skulls... I love sitting and watching this movie and making fun of it with my family... Legit, I got the DVD just because. However, as much as I loved this movie I have to seriously critique it. The acting, story line and even sometimes the props and clothing were shotty at best. It is still a fun movie to watch if you don't take it too seriously....
November 4, 2011
I saw this a few days before Halloween. I was searching for something to watch on a Saturday afternoon and this sounded interesting. I liked it a lot. Just enough suspense to keep me guessing.
September 7, 2011
I'm not sure where "Sarah Landon and the Paranormal Hour" came from because there were no trailers, no advance notice and no screenings. It just showed up in a couple of theaters for a week, and then it disappeared as quickly as it came. Apparently, pre-teen girls know who Sarah is because she's the star of a popular series of mystery novels for young adults, and as her film debut closes she hints at more movies to come. But if the box office receipts for this one are any indication, this is the one and only Landon film we're likely to see and because of that, movie lovers everywhere should rejoice.
It's not so much a bad film as it is a bland and forgettable one with a lackluster cast. Considering how many surnames that appear more than once throughout the credits, nepotism was running rampant here. But it's also a shining example of why hiring your family may not help your film any. Newcomer Rissa Walters stars as Sarah, and she's a pretty enough girl but is seriously lacking in screen presence. The script is real goody-goody despite a few mature details of the story, and that helps to make the film a little more bearable. The unintentional laughs also help, but not enough.
The central mystery that makes up the movie's plot is not totally without interest, but in the same respect, it could have easily been lifted from a decades-old Nancy Drew book or a mediocre "Scooby Doo" episode. "Sarah Landon and the Paranormal Hour" is a curious film that is no better or worse than the recent big-budget "Nancy Drew" film. Anybody other than pre-teen girls should have something better to do.
July 30, 2011
The audience in my showing all those years ago of, say, 14 people, were laughing uproariously for the entire film. Partly because it's literally the worst thing I've ever seen, partly because we were trying not to cry remembering that we actually paid to get in.
½ April 23, 2011
goooooooooodddddd not really scaryy buttt gdddd
June 26, 2010
Low budget,not the best acting and a plot from Goosebumps...i loved it!
December 7, 2009
spose it lluks alrite
November 9, 2009
Love this movie; its awesomee
October 7, 2009
this was a very good movie.
September 1, 2009
I'm willing to forgive a lot when it comes to this low budget family "horror mystery" film. I can let some of the amateur acting and mediocre sets slide because this movie actually does tell a good story, and it is certainly original. While it's nothing meant to scare you, the bad guy in this film is just a scary-looking actor, so he doesn't have to try very hard to prove that he's a jerk. I think that the lead actress - Rissa Walters - did a swell job with this film, and she easily has better acting talent than the rest of the cast. I look forward to future installments in the "Sarah Landon" series. If they can get actors with as much natural talent as Rissa has, the sequels can easily improve.
August 28, 2009
not bad for a timepass !!
July 29, 2009
Scary for a pg movie, very good, and not 2 scary- there's no blood, guts, or anything.
June 9, 2009
This was not as bad as I thought that this would have been. You have to kind of remember the target audience for this one as well as it seemed to be more of a young female pre teen audience. With that being said, this was better than I thought. Thje acting was on the kind of poor side and the climactic ending wasn't all that climactic, but it did have some decent moments of tension and a decent story line to go with this.
May 9, 2009
omfg! the acting was soooooooo bad in this movie, the plot was weak, but it made you jump. like 3 times in the entire thing. ugh, the end was soo freakin cheesy. ugh, good looking cast, bad acting.
May 5, 2009
It wasn't bad and it wasn't all that either.
½ January 31, 2009
This movie was just terrible, nothing about it was good. I thought it was going to be scary or at least creepy, but the only thing scary here is the god awful acting. The plot was also horrible and boring, they should have never made this moive.
January 5, 2009
it was alright it wasnt scary bad acting
November 25, 2008
I was really looking foward to this movie and came away mostly satisfied. So, yeah, some stuff here and there could have been tweaked but the main actress has chraisma and charm and the story is creative and entertaining.