Sarah, Plain and Tall - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sarah, Plain and Tall Reviews

September 27, 2014
A nice adaptation of the classic book. Some things are added as the book is short, but they don't change the story too much.
July 2, 2014
I liked the book so the movie might be interesting especially with christopher walken in it
January 22, 2013
Christopher Walken in a straight role. Pretty good adaptation of the book.
½ July 7, 2012
What a wonderful family movie...Glenn Close and Christopher Walken are marvelous together as a school teacher who lives in the East who answers his ad, he is a widower in the midwest who needs a wife to help raise his about culture shock for her! This is a great story and has two sequels :-)
½ May 24, 2012
A movie that the whole family can watch. The movie really brings out the characters, where the book does not.
April 21, 2012
Outstanding Moive! a Real Germ!
March 23, 2012
Such a wonderful film. It's good for the whole family.
December 30, 2011
Once upon a time Hallmark made some pretty decent, warm family entertainment movies (albeith always with sugar coated cherries on top, inevitably), before they launched into purely schematic scripts, loud music over dialogues, and negligent camera work. This one is a classic Hallmark. This is just a warm and fuzzy family saga (two other movies were made) with lovely performances by Glenn Close and Christopher Walken, who give substance to their characters; the children are lovely, if not too lovely. It is reminisccent of the spirit of "Little House on the Prairie". Just a nice family friendly movie, nothing more, nothing less. It's also one of the better hallmark movies.
December 27, 2011
Such a wonderful film. It's good for the whole family.
December 11, 2011
OMGOSH i hate these MOVIES !
December 3, 2011
I like the book better.
½ October 4, 2011
Emmy nominated story of a turn-of-the-century school teacher from New England who journeys to Kansas, where a widowed farmer seeks a woman to care for his family.
May 27, 2011
My God, how low we have sank! Sarah is plain... very plain - and ordinary ... and unoriginal, bland, tasteless, and ultimately mediocre. Sarah Plain is not tall, but long rather - incredibly long!

In conclusion, Sarah Plain and tall is a very plain, ordinary, unoriginal, bland, tasteless, and ultimately mediocre and incredibly never ending piece of horse crap!

Most definitely the worst characters i have ever seen. These people are androids of the old west. I mean, the book put me to sleep in 10 minutes while in the third grade, but this is ridiculous!
March 26, 2011
Very sweet, but weighed down by clunky, bookish dialogue. The love story was obvious and inevitable (not in a bad way), but it's too abruptly resolved.
January 4, 2011
The first in the trilogy of movies with Walken and Close. I thought Bell and Randall added a lot of sweetness to the movie.
September 3, 2010
This is the first installment of a made for TV film series. Although extremely touchy feely, this is truely a Hallmark Hall of Fame presentation of the highest honor. Suggest watching it instead of all the shooting, mugging, killing, axing and general mayhem shown on TV or in the theatre today.
January 19, 2010
A very heart-warming yet realistic movie (not overly sappy). The sequels are also good, though the first remains my favorite.
December 22, 2009
I loved this and am looking to buy it and the ones after in the series.
½ November 22, 2009
I'd heard about this movie for years, but never had the opportunity to see it and now that I have, I see what all the fuss is about. "Sarah, Plain and Tall" is a sweet, timeless classic about finding love and the joy and peace that can be found in simple, everyday pleasures.
½ October 10, 2009
I tuned into this by mistake and I thought I was having a fever dream... the Queens accent mixed with the Kansas farmer thing is a bit um special? Overall sort of enjoyable though, if not strange.