Sarkar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sarkar Reviews

April 1, 2016
This movie was an homage to The Godfather (1972) and I enjoyed all of it. It manage to strike that balance between being of the same vein as what it's adapting/admiring but also being its own thing. I'll probably watch the sequel because I heard it's just as good, and I am always up for more Bachchans.
October 27, 2012
A great adaptation of THE GODFATHER!
½ March 28, 2011
I was impressed. Godfather in mumbaiya ishtyle. I would say, Amitabh bachhan did an impressive job of an ol'timer (marlon brando). And Abhishek too. the stubble on his face, which he never tends to remove, added to the persona. Perfect suited father son duo who could have reprised the originals.
November 23, 2010
i like its color combination and camera angles.
October 30, 2010
Ram Gopal Varma's tribute to the movie 'Godfather'
October 25, 2010
Pretty well made as a remake of Godfather.
September 4, 2010
I actually enjoyed this Bollywood style Godfather. If you are a fan of the American version, you'll spot the attention to detail in this version.
½ May 16, 2010
One of the most intense stories ever. The sound and background music is awesome. Excellent acting by Amitabh and K K
½ January 24, 2010
Don't ask why I've been watching so many Hindi films!
Despite the obvious connotations to the Godfather, this movie has its own Aha moments. Very well adapted into Indian contexts, this movie isn't a sappy bollywood over the top flick as with most commercial films. The acting is bang on and the storyline can actually have you believing that these things exist the way it is portrayed. I recommend it.
November 22, 2009
This is not the Indian version of The Godfather - it is inspired by it, as are a lot of films about organised crime - and is a credible offering in it's own right. Once again, Ram Gopal Varma adds his magic touch and comes up with a wonderful film with great performances from Amitabh Bachchan et al, with some atmospheric background music, and something that is completely removed from most commercial Indian cinema.
½ September 15, 2009
An interesting movie! Good story plot. Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Kay Kay Menon, and Katrina Kaif stars. Worthy!
July 26, 2009
Day: Saturday
Date: 23 July 2005
Time: 10.20pm
With: Mom, Dad, Azeem
On: Cable
July 8, 2009
1 of my mst fabrits...........amitabh s outstanding.......
½ June 13, 2009
really liked this one....amitabh n abhishek have acted really well
then of course KK Menon is always at his best..
on the whole a good movie..
June 3, 2009
What a brilliant movie....Awesome from start to end..Amitabh proves for the umpteenth time that he is the king of bollywood....Govinda, Govinda, Govinda, Govinda,Govindaaaaaah!!
May 17, 2009
This is a good copy of The Godfather movie. Varma made the film his own and I'm glad there are no unnecessary musical numbers.
May 15, 2009
Add a review (optional)...
April 18, 2009
Indeed very much like The Godfather with the Indian spin. Very well done. They could have used a different soundtrack to make even better....
March 29, 2009