Satan's Little Helper - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Satan's Little Helper Reviews

July 22, 2016
It does deserve some cult status but not enough to warrant it a classic.
October 3, 2015
The low budget SD footage and less-than-stellar acting out me off a little bit at first, but it actually hooked me and had me wanting to know what would happen next. Still it is a big step down from the directors previous Just Before Dawn. It's also the same guy who did cult classics Blue Sunshine and Squirm.
April 3, 2015
I'm actually going back and writing a movie for this movie days after I've viewed it..I liked it that much. One of the best surprise horror movies I've seen. Creepy feeling throughout. Best part is that you never see or hear from the killer..also the killer seemingly gets away. This needs a sequel! Yes, the idea that the child believes it's all made up is a little hard to believe but that's what kids do. A knock on our children being addicted to games where they can't tell what's reality from make believe. Some bad acting doesn't help this movie but it's also a throw back to the 80's slasher movies where the acting was horrible. All in all this is a step above the rest
March 20, 2015
"Satan's Little Helper" is exactly what you would expect - a cheesy, low-budget horror flick with some bad acting and a somewhat flawed concept. But for what it is and what it provides (like lots of legitimate religious undertone), it is extraordinarily entertaining and genre-clashing in the best possible way.
November 13, 2014
I liked this movie. I agree with points of some of the less stellar reviews. The kid is either extremely stupid or has some kind of pathology, we never do find out. Come to think of it, the entire family was stupid. Maybe it was genetic...someone peed in the gene pool. The acting is less than excitng. however, there was a certain creepiness to the movie that made me enjoy it. I didn't think it was trying to be too serious and therefore, maybe I gave it a little more slack. I thought the funny moments were supposed to be intentional.
November 2, 2014
So crappy, so good. Budget too low to produce anything outstanding
½ October 28, 2014
Total waste of lifetime viewing this. If I found out that Jeff Lieberman was only 12 when he wrote and directed this, only then could I have a favorable opinion. How in the name of all that is good and evil did anyone give this F grade schlock a favorable review?!? Every 3 minutes of this movie are opportunities to have made it tiny bit more believable, absorbing, non insulting to ones intelligence, bearable and anything to make it redeemable. But no. Just horrible acting, story telling and directing. Go spend your time flossing yo
ur teeth, cleaning your toilet, washing dishes or anything that may have value.
October 14, 2014
3 Stars, cinematic gold!! Funny stuff
½ October 10, 2014
Hard to rate this one! Terrible acting, but very original and brilliant idea. Little Dougie is annoying as hell with his back and forth dialog to a masked man he believes is Satan. All in all for the tiny budget they clearly had WELL DONE
October 6, 2014
The general awful production quality of the project eventually dips it into B horror-comedy territory. And when the ridiculous character decisions and plot holes start piling up, the whole thing becomes a lot of fun.
½ October 6, 2014
B movie feeling to it. Fun, scary entertainment. Some gags, etc.
September 11, 2014
Wow, What an epic fail this is the worst Halloween movie of all time. Its nothing but stupidness
½ August 29, 2014
Santa's Little helper is a low budget dark comedy/horror film that is overall inconsistent. It does have some good parts but, overall, it's just an average film for this genre. One good thing: the blonde girl is hot! I will be honest though, it was a better movie than Leprechaun.
August 23, 2014
A fun, creepy, little horror film that's always a fun thing to watch around halloween.
June 18, 2014
Set around Halloween a boy dressed to go trick or treating finds someone dressed up in a Satan costume putting real dead bodies around the house for decorations and thinks it's so cool and not knowing the bodies are real. So the boy ask him if he's satan and also ask if he can help and be Satan's helper. So they go around town causing destruction and mayham around town and the real terror begins when they find out what satans really up to. It's not bad for a horror/comedy movie and there are some funny parts too but there are some plot holes here. Whats with the kid? Doesn't the kid realize he is ACTUALLY killing people? Is he dumb enough to not see what is actually going on? What kind of maniacal kid thinks it's "cool" to go around with some guy you dont know who is dressed up and do bad things to people? " I thought he was joking around"..What an idiot!! The acting was extremely Lame and cheesy. There were some pretty funny parts here and there but on the whole I would just skip it.
February 9, 2014
It lacked any real suspense or even an ounce of realism.
February 9, 2014
More a comedy than a horror...it's really not scary until you start to think about how a naive child was responsible for letting a mask wearing psycho into his family's home willingly, causing many innocent people to die. I feel guilty for laughing at certain times but I have to hand it to Lieberman for bringing some wacky humor to the stale slasher genre. Making the killer act outlandish in gestures and overall wacky, particularly silent and never showing his face, makes him as chilling as he is funny. I don't think we've ever had a funny fraud killer so I can acknowledge the originality. The low budget and practically non existent special effects does occasionally make this movie hard to watch, but the humor mixed with decent acting and competent attention to horror writing, makes watching it worthwhile. I can definitely see this holding some lasting cult status in the years to come..much like leprachaun and the gingerbread man movies have. Bad on technical and substance terms but revered for other reasons.
January 26, 2014
so this story is actually pretty original and super tragic -- but i couldn't help thinking to myself the WHOLE entire movie "what a stupid kid" the child was; not only should he have known better the first time, but he just didn't learn... so that really bothered me, but it was thought out well -- i just wish the dialog was a little better along with the acting.
½ December 21, 2013
That little kid is so freakin annoying!!!!!!
October 23, 2013
This seemed like it had some potential..........but it ended up being pretty bad. Right from the start, the movie gave off a really strong "made-for-TV" vibe. Plus, the 9-year-old brother in it was so incredibly stupid! It was ridiculous. He acted like he was 4 years old the entire movie.