Satin Rouge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Satin Rouge Reviews

September 20, 2012
Sensual story about a widow who finds the missing passion in her life in a Tunisian belly-dance cabaret.
September 19, 2012
Nice light film. The plot is predictable but nonetheless..not a complete waste of time.
June 4, 2012
i want to see , thanx if u allow me
½ June 6, 2011
Hiam is just so gorgeous....
iLeo
½ July 21, 2010
An interesting movie. Hiam Abbass stars.
June 15, 2010
Gentil, un peu neuneu, mais son exotisme ravit les occidentaux que nous sommes !!
June 15, 2010
Beau petit film plein de charme.
April 20, 2010
Didnot like it at all, bad idea , bad direction..
it's non sense
½ February 17, 2010
I enjoyed my first Tunisian movie: hey, that is one way of keeping your lover!
September 6, 2009
An uplfting tale of female liberation...through belly dancing? Well, the film isn't as goofy as it maybe appears to be, but it isn't very dramatic either. The belly dancing isn't even been used in as symbolic a way as one would think. Fortunately "Satin Rouge" has a good heart and a focused execution that gives it style.
½ April 1, 2009
Insightful film into belly dancing and a pretty good story as well.
March 31, 2009
Insightful film on belly dance and the Tunisian culture, as well as mother-daughter relationships. The dancing is not stellar in terms of technique, but the passion and audience interaction (in this case a cabaret audience) is definitely there. I loved the cabaret scenes! I was surprised by the steamy sex scenes!
½ November 18, 2008
Brilliant movie with lods of emotions, culture, and boldness. Fantastic story!!!!!!
November 15, 2008
I thought it was a delightful journey to follow with Lilian and her discovery of her new self. The story is extremely interesting; wonderfully shot in Tunisia, bringing you into a sweet Muslim Maghrebi reality that I absolutely savored! Excellent movie!
½ November 11, 2008
Very nice story and ofcourse Hiam Abass is always a great actress. It brought back old memories of Tunis.
½ September 4, 2008
Lilia's transformation is great and the other women are all fabulous to watch. The portrayal of relationships between them, including Lilia and her daughter, felt very authentic. The ending is completely un-Hollywood, which is as it should be.
½ July 30, 2008
Beautiful and in this context, daring movie. A dive to mysterious, fascinating culture. There were presented strong femininity, passion and forbidden fruit. All in all, refreshing to see.
July 6, 2008
Lilia finally woke up, got rid of prejudices, complexes and found meaning in the second half of her life through belly dancing. I think the love triangle distract the attention from Lilia's story. But in the complexity of the situation, Lilia made a mature decision, not driven by desperation. Satin Rouge is one of the few movies portraying middle life independent women in a positive light.
June 1, 2008
A remarkable film from Tunisia by a talented young director.
May 24, 2008
The peek in the culture was the best thing in the movie for me.