Satisfaction - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Satisfaction Reviews

½ February 7, 2016
I thought this film would stir up some good, nostalgic moments from my childhood, but from what I heard as I was watching was Billy (Britta Phillips) use the word "faggot" twice in the film. Once to describe two muscular, attractive men on a beach and again to describe a group of men from a gang who came to retrieve their stolen truck from this band. Everybody involved in this film should be ashamed. Now a good childhood memory has turned sour. Gross.
September 15, 2013
It's a fun coming of age movie with women.
December 9, 2012
Great 80s chick flick with a catchy soundtrack... ahh the memories
May 6, 2012
A treasure if you can relate to my era.
April 10, 2012
i really liked this movie
February 12, 2012
Sin it - its amazing
December 30, 2011
Although teen-oriented, music-based entertainment such as "Victorious" and "Lemonade Mouth" may be all the rage with the younger set these days, fusing tunes with movies and/or TV shows is really nothing new. One need look no further than the Archies, Josie and the Pussycats, and the Monkees to see how far back music-based flicks/shows go. "Satisfaction" is a good early example of such entertainment. However, it fails epically in multiple ways. The profanity count was MUCH higher than I was expecting for a "PG-13" film from the decade of excess; the s-word was tossed around like a normal part of conversation. There was also some sexual innuendoes that were hinted at in a modern TV-movie style, but that didn't keep me from finding them inappropriate. Even the girls' wardrobe was rather immodest; although the beach scenes were a far cry from "From Justin to Kelly," the four "rock chicks" often wore low-cut and/or high-rise tops throughout the film, even when they were nowhere near a beach. There were still a few positives, though: The acting was good, the film did show the consequences of drug addiction. It was also nice to see Justine Bateman (Mallory Keaton from "Family Ties") and Liam Neeson ("Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace"'s Qui-Gon Jinn) outside of their best-known roles. The best thing about this movie, though, was the performances; they were wonderful. The four rocker girls and their guy keyboardist did some wonderful renditions of classic standbys such as "Knock on Wood," "Mr. Big Stuff," and, of course, "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction". However, this film isn't worth sitting through just for that. Unless you're a die-hard fan of 80's music and/or movies who doesn't mind gobs of profanity, copious usage of drugs and alcohol, and implied sex, I'd suggest giving this one a wide berth. I only wanted to see this one to say I'd seen it, but I honestly believe that I am no better for doing so. The performances are probably available on YouTube and/or iTunes; I recommend finding them on one or both of those places instead of plunking down money and wasting precious time on this piece of schlock.
October 3, 2011
haha, how did Justine Bateman ever get cast as a singer?! Silly, but fun. And what a time capsule of 1988.
July 18, 2011
Before they where stars. Good movie as well.
July 8, 2011
Watching Justine Bateman butcher one classic soul song after another.
½ May 30, 2011
Great little party film with young cast of now famous actors. Julia Roberts ++ East Coast Summer Beach scene from the '80's - Pretty good script with humor and the music is very good. Excellent scenes - A slice of Americana life -
½ February 20, 2011
A girl power type movie about a female rock band. It's a pretty good drama/comedy, but it could have gone further than it did drama wise, and it could be funnier comedy wise.
½ October 2, 2010
It's on cable right now. Deliciously bad. Totally 80's. It is like those Chinese finger cuffs. The harder I struggle (to change the channel), the more into the cheese I get. Where is Justine Bateman these days?
½ July 4, 2010
Easily one of my favorite 80s films. People give this movie such crap that Justine Bateman can't sing. Well, I disagree. While she's not the best singer in the world, I've heard worse. Love this movie, though.
½ April 8, 2010
The acting isn't great, but this has been my favorite movie since I was 4 years old when it used to be called "girls of summer". Total 90's flick. The movie is about a band fresh out of high school. They go to try out to be the house band for a bar on the beach. The lead singer falls in love with the bar owner (even though he is old enough to be her father). Justine Bateman was my favorite, to bad we don't see her to much anymore. This was also one of Julia Roberts first films. I don't think people will like this movie as much as I do, but I have watched it a thousand times and never get sick of it.
April 5, 2010
I enjoy this mind of movies !! BTW it's older than me by 2 years :D !! doesn't seem that old !
March 29, 2010
I feel in love with this movie when I was a kid. So I may be slightly biased.lol But i have watched it several times as an adult and I still love the movie.

It's bit of an unconventional chick flick; without a lot sap it hits both the "girl power" and "romance" chords. It's easy to find a band member to relate to, as they are all pretty cookie cutter. (Think the breakfast club) There's the tom boy who's tough exterior hides her fragile heart. The boy crazy girl who end up deciding she's ready to comitt to her highschool sweetheart. The party girl who OD's and falls in love with a dog. (no, seriously she does. lol)And then the wise buy naive girl who's headed to college, but needs a litte freedom before she gets there.

If you liked "Mystic pizza" you'll love this movie. It's more or less the same story, with some decent rock n roll mixed in. ;)
½ March 15, 2010
Satisfaction is fun to watch. Justine Bateman, Liam Neeson, and Julia Roberts give great performances. The script is good and creative. I enjoyed the music. I think this movie is a must see if you like music or Julia Roberts.
February 9, 2010
Pure 80's cheese, but likeable guilty pleasure 80's cheese.