Saturday Night Live: The Best of Steve Martin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Saturday Night Live: The Best of Steve Martin Reviews

May 13, 2016
I do like Steve Martin but not a lot of great material here. While the early days of SNL had a very talented roster, it only occasionally translated into memorable skits. For some bizarre reason, this collection contains a Blues Brothers performance that Martin isn't even involved in.
September 20, 2014
Although he was never a cast member on SNL, Steve Martin currently holds the record for number of times hosting the show. From his early days as a stand-up to becoming a household name, Steve Martin has played in many memorable and hilarious sketches such as the "wild and crazy" Festrunk Brothers, Theodoric Of York, Tightwad 007, and a classical musical tribute to King Tut.

Whether he's peddling a special kind of beauty cream, attempting to renegotiate his contract in the middle of a live show, or performing his infamous banjo-playing monologue with an arrow through his head, Steve Martin is undoubtedly one of the most successful hosts in SNL history.

Be sure to check out the bonus features you'll only see on The Best Of Steve Martin, including additional sketches and a never-before-seen sketch from Dress Rehearsal.
½ February 10, 2014
While Steve Martin is certainly one of the best hosts of the "classic" years of SNL, the decision to not include the "Dancing in the Dark" sketch with Gilda Radner is an unforgiveable oversight. They could have easily dropped one of the newer, less funny bits (although they're not as bad as I'd feared) in favor of this gem. And why is it that of all the Festrunk Brothers sketches, the same one appears on every anthology I've seen? Still, lots of laughs here, but the DVD notes that there are "special appearances by Father Guido Sarducci, Mr. Bill and the Blues Brothers" which in fact are not on the DVD. At least the two bonus sketches are from the "classic" period (1975-1979). One disturbing aspect about the DVD continues to bug me--the lack of cast and writer credits, a real insult to the talents who created these (mostly) funny television moments. Trimark/SNL Studios: Release the 1975 episode hosted by Richard Pryor and all will be forgiven.
April 22, 2012
not so bad but nothing ridiculously special
½ March 22, 2012
I like Steve Martin. I didn't as much like this collection of clips from SNL. It seemed thrown together and much of it was outdated. His attention to detail in his performances are impressive, though. I appreciate him more after listening to his audiobook, "Born Standing Up."
June 23, 2010
Steve Martin, funnier here in SNL than most of his recent films.
xXGotchXx
No thankyou - Not interested
November 3, 2008
not so bad but nothing ridiculously special
October 14, 2008
Steve Martin is always great on SNL. he is truly right where he should be when doing sketch comedy.
July 26, 2008
saturday night live:best of steve martin movie poster saturday night live :best of steve martin actors&cast steve martin dan Aykroyd chevy chase
½ June 23, 2008
i watch every saterday lol
March 9, 2008
"what the HELL is that?"
March 1, 2008
Old school comedy. SNL fans enjoy.
October 20, 2007
steve martin is SOO FUNNY!! i luv saturday nite live, so i cant wait 2 c this!!!
½ October 18, 2007
i cracked up watching this steve at his best
October 12, 2007
this movie is awesome I love it lol
September 24, 2007
friggin amazing of course
September 14, 2007
For a non-regular, it's really interesting to see the evoulution of SNL's humor through Steve. Most of this stuff is really funny, if not interesting.
September 11, 2007
I know few actors as funny as Steve. And the older Saturday Night Lives are so much funnier than the newer ones!