Saturday Church Reviews

• May 13, 2020

Interesting movie with storyline and acting. We enjoyed this movie.

Interesting movie with storyline and acting. We enjoyed this movie.

• May 08, 2018

It was a short little movie that didn't tell much about what LGBTIs go through. It was rather uneventful and I didn't like the songs very much but I support the cause dearly so yeah, watch it!

• Apr 08, 2018

Damon Cardasis' feature film debut Saturday Church offers a glimpse into the "ballroom" scene in New York where marginalized youth struggling with their sexual identity have a "safety net in a cruel and indifferent world." And while the film doesn't do a lot wrong, it certainly does even less right; in the end, becoming a film barely existing without the requisite quality of cardiovascular design to perpetually re-commit the losing of the audience. FULL REVIEW: https://gortnaculhouse.com.

• Mar 11, 2018

Realistic LGBTQA youth story of what can happen while seeking acceptance

Realistic LGBTQA youth story of what can happen while seeking acceptance

• Feb 04, 2018

A tremendous and well told story, beautifully acted.

A tremendous and well told story, beautifully acted.

• Jan 12, 2018

This movie is wonderful. A must see. Luka Kain is on his way to greatness!

This movie is wonderful. A must see. Luka Kain is on his way to greatness!

• Jan 12, 2018

Perhaps I just watched a bad episode of 'Glee', but I got into 'Saturday Church and the message it sends. It's stretched to 82 minutes with songs that my nine year old could have written, and has an after school special vibe, but it's hard not to feel the compassion that first-time writer and director Damon Cardasis feels for his characters. He's not judgemental, and allows his subjects freedom to roam. He's not in your face, but one message is very clear. I'll let you establish your own takeaways, but if youth LGBTQ dramas are your thing, then this is something you'll like. This could have been an iconic film, instead it's just an important one. A missed opportunity, but a worthwhile effort. Final Score: 6.8/10

• Jan 04, 2018

Overlong and boring.

Overlong and boring.

• Dec 05, 2017

What a piece of crap. So tired of this type of story. Nothing like more movies about animalistic shapeshifting sociopathic behaviour.

• May 04, 2017

Merge 2016's two most impactful films in Moonlight and La La Land and add in a LGBT focus...and you get Saturday Church. Its acting, cinematography, sound, and choreography all synergistically blend together in what I can only describe as the first must-see film of 2017.