Saturday Morning Massacre (Saturday Morning Mystery) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Saturday Morning Massacre (Saturday Morning Mystery) Reviews

September 25, 2015
Holy one joke wonder scooby!
June 14, 2015
The general concept of the movie is promising and the four leading actors are game for it, but it fails to clever enough to be funny. And with no budget, the idea of setting the story in 1994 creates a number of "fails" -- inspection tags on cars have the date of 2011 and the mobile phones are not accurate. That is probably minor to most people, but errors like that drive me crazy.
½ December 29, 2014
If only it was as short as a scooby snack is to eat.... it still would've been excruciating.
½ August 22, 2014
"Saturday Morning Mystery" (formerly known as Saturday Morning Massacre- and Massacre is still the film's true form.) is a bizarre little indie flick directed by Spencer Parsons. The film stars Ashley Rae Spillers, Johnny Mars, Josephine Decker, Adam Tate and Paul Gordon. The story follows a crack pot team of paranormal investigators, much like the Scooby gang, who get hired to dispel the rumors and fears of locals around the paranormal activity at an estate. The group soon learn that there are much more sinister things hidden behind the walls of the Kyser schoolhouse. The gang choose to stay and solve the creepy behind the going-ons at the property, which proves to be in grave error. The decision to solve this mystery becomes a real massacre.

"Saturday Morning Mystery", (or Massacre) as I prefer to consider the film, is truly one of those strange films that blows you away. I had expected some cheesy, retro-throttled, low-budget spectacle. At the start there is a real throwback feel to the film which clearly became inspired by the cartoon mystery gang- only with the characters and their back-story though. Beyond that the similarities become terrifyingly obsolete. This is a real fright-fest fanfare story, with a way more sinister series of events than any cartoon show could think of inspiring. It becomes a truly gripping and nail-biting grindhouse horror story. The kitschy beginning and groovy build-up in this film has a cleverly darker intent. That intent is to throw you off guard, and then drag you into the pits of hellish nightmares as your nails tear off, and blood stained cries shatter the dark chilling air! This film is one of those rides into horror land that you will be glad you took. Think -The Scooby gangs accidentally wonder into the path of Stag Night kinfolk in a rural setting.

The story in this film is pretty well written and flows beautifully. There are a couple of moments that go off between dialog and scene portrayal. Actually only two that I remember seeming off was the "tab of acid" line and the "I totally have a jimmy in this bag" (or something like that.) There was no tabs taken-the drug leeched into the water cooler, and the character that said the line about the jimmy didn't have a bag on her in the scene. At least I didn't see one. Anyway those two moments - that is all-those two were the only milliseconds that slowed my totally pleasurable horror ride into this window to Hell. Pretty much every aspect of the film from cinematography to directed to soundtrack and kill scenes rocked in "Saturday Morning Mystery" You don't expect the intense vicious turn this film takes toward the last act but man it drags you in and sets you on the edge of the slaughtering blade of horror. This is truly one of the best indie horror films I have seen and a must for horror movie collectors.
February 5, 2014
No Terrible But Also Not Great I Liked How It Seemed Scooby Doo-ish yet was a horror movie!
½ January 20, 2014
The set-up in loaded with Scooby-Doo trappings, but once we're fully immersed it gets more into the neighborhood of something like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and I was still pretty much onboard for all the shenanigans.

Give it a look.
November 23, 2013
The amount of potential this film had was massive, this honestly feels like a film was made and they decided to make it "scooby-doo themed" after the script was written. Very poor execution.
½ November 8, 2013
This is a good example of a cover being better than what's inside. "Scooby-Doo Meets The Evil Dead"? More like High School Drama Class Meets Wrong Turn. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. Hell, a lot of bad horror films could benefit from a little Wrong Turn. A lot of the acting left a bit to be desired, but there were parts that were creepy as hell and even a couple potential bowel release moments. Minus a half star for lying to me on the cover.

"Can you confirm this dog is eating a human hand?"
½ September 16, 2013
Unfunny, unimaginative, and altogther unworthy. Saturday Morning Mystery takes a groovy, five star premise (literally the best idea I never had) and reduces it to nothing more than Scooby shit. The filmmakers obviously never had a single childhood between them, and have never seen a saturday morning cartoon in their entire collective lives, and as a result, never fully realized what they had. After seeing this debacle I honestly wanted to punch a wall. I was beyond upset that a bunch of no talents, who were most likely producers' kids, took this idea filled with potential and made the most half-assed execution ever caught on celluloid. It's a shame that the person responsible for the cover art didn't make the film as it is the only aspect of this "production" that looks professionally done.
½ September 15, 2013
This was one of the worst films I ever sat through. I rented it and honestly turned it off 5 times and finally finished it. It was in the "comedy" section of redbox and should have been in horror and create another category called 'this is a horrible film'. So predictable and a waste of time. I should have been voluntarily cleaning cat boxes door-to-door. I would have had a better time. NEVER RENT THIS...
September 10, 2013
Soo super scary and funny! I have been wanting a Scooby Doo episode to go this way for a long time!
September 2, 2013
Suspensefull, thrilling and scary. This movie is like a dark edition of a Scooby Doo episode. The story itself felt like I was watching one of Scooby Doo cartoons, and the characters were also similliar.
August 29, 2013
nice! not bad at all... a darker rendition of a Scooby-Doo episode, maybe, but it's pertty good. i never much really liked Scooby-Doo.
½ August 29, 2013
I wanted to massacre this movie. The title was like the crap MST3K movies from the 50s. I haven't wanted to slap a movie so hard in a long time. Thanks for filing this under comedy, Red Box.
August 29, 2013
O Scooby-Doo que todo mundo queria ver em live-action. Ótimo do começo ao fim!
August 18, 2013
was looking for a scooby doo spoof, but takes a big turn into another slasher film.
½ August 11, 2013
Ah it was a boring movie I thought it be good some what but you think its one thing then its another started getting a little better in the middle but then drop again at the end
August 6, 2013
Sounds like so much fun!
½ July 29, 2013
July 20, 2013
1/5 Would have been good if it had been funny...scarier...smarter...gorier. It's a great idea done badly.