Saturday Night Fever - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Saturday Night Fever Reviews

September 11, 2015
i remember this songs and film soundtrack from the great bee gees
½ August 28, 2015
Travolta is great in this film and the dance scenes are pure cinema magic that are fun to watch till this day. It's surprisingly more dramatic than what the picture deserves and perhaps a lighter tone would have served it better, but it still holds up in many aspects.
½ August 5, 2015
Dancing along with the film and Bee gees lol!
½ July 5, 2015
John Travolta is a good dancer and he is the standout in this dance film, featuring disco music by the Bee Gees and others. But the screenplay is thin, and the performances from the female leads is weak. I saw the edited PG version. 1001
½ July 5, 2015
Would ya just watch the hair. Ya know, I work on my hair a long time and you hit it. He hits my hair.
July 1, 2015
No matter how many times I see it, I always expect to have fun watching it. But John Badham's film is a sincere depiction of reality within the strange culture of Disco male posturing.
June 13, 2015
I mean, it hit some pretty hard issues, especially in the urban wastelands that were manifested in the 70s. But altogether I really didn't see how that made a full-fledged good movie. It was choppy, it was scruffy, it sort of played around with character development, and overall it was just kind of filthy in that it couldn't get over being a patron of the scumbag genre. Travolta's character is open to empathy but it doesn't reciprocate as someone worthy of second chances or a happy ending, despite that kid jumping in the river. I give it two, but that's just me. I know this is supposed to be Travolta's crowning achievement, but I just couldn't turn the corner on it. 2 stars.
½ May 7, 2015
i feel like a real dumb idiot for never seeing this. i loved it. have loved the score for years, so to finally see it in action was so great. love this era. love the dancing. ending felt kinda rushed/cheap, but other than that, so good. such a great motion picture imho.
April 17, 2015
Never thought it could be so much fun
½ April 9, 2015
Saturday Night Fever is awesome in terms of screenplay, music and acting. I think this is one of the best movies of the 70's, and that was a decade of majestic films. 9/10
April 8, 2015
This is my favorite movie!
March 4, 2015
Absolutely engrossing and intoxicating from beginning to end. Travolta shines brighter than ever.
March 3, 2015
I know it's a "classic," but it didn't do much for me.

Grade: C+
½ March 1, 2015
You like Footloose? You like Dirty Dancing? You got this movie to thank. And it's significantly deeper.
February 18, 2015
Travolta gives one of the best performances of his career as a Brooklyn teen who feels his only chance to get somewhere is to be a successful disco dancer. Flawed, but still entertaining, with lively Bee Gees soundtrack. Major criticism: Heavy use of street language. Followed by: Staying Alive.
February 16, 2015
Dark character study of a young man growing up in the disco era dealing with family problems, teen angst & the wonderful world of disco dancing.
January 24, 2015
heck of a soundtrack. otherwise, meh