Saturday Night Live: The Best of Chris Farley - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Saturday Night Live: The Best of Chris Farley Reviews

January 9, 2015
Chris Farley was easily one of the funniest members on SNL. His massive body size, mixed with his agility led to some of the best characters including Van By the River Guy, Lunch Lady, and his infamous Chippendale skit. This short film documents some of his best characters and should be loved by any SNL and Farley fan. Unfortunately his life style lead him to his early death, but he will always be one of the best comedic figures of the 90s.
December 14, 2013
The Best of Chris Farley blasts through 68 minutes of the wildly hilarious characters the comic actor created while with Saturday Night Live in the early 1990s. Farley was a comedic gem, not only because he created such bizarre, repulsively funny characters, such as Matt Foley, Motivational Speaker, or Lori Davis, cosmetics infomercial queen, but because he lived completely inside the character, delivering lines with whatever fury, stupidity, hypertension, insecurity or femininity the situation demanded.

Clearly, Farley loved making people laugh and he wasn't afraid to use his big bulk to do it, whether it entailed stripping as a Chippendale's dancer, belly flopping on coffee tables, rolling around on a couch as Tom Arnold, or punching his forehead in dismay on the "Chris Farley Show."
½ June 13, 2013
Not the biggest Saturday Night Live fan, but this was hilarious. Chris Farley was a nut.
December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!
November 7, 2012
This was funny but it also had other funny people like Adam Sandler, Mike Myer and David Spade in it.
½ October 27, 2012
Farley was one of the best on SNL. Not everything hits but there are some great clips, particularly the Schmitt's Gay ad and motivational speaker Matt Foley. I wish this had the skit of Superfan Todd when Mike Ditka went to coach the Saints.
August 5, 2012
I LIVE IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!
August 3, 2012
Great exuberant humour from a man who died too soon.
½ June 18, 2012
Chris Farley is by far one of the best ever to be on SNL. its a shame he past. hialrious.
June 5, 2012
Doesn't matter how many times I watch this I crack up, which is honestly a pretty difficult accomplishment for me. Sure miss this man and the days when SNL was funny.
½ May 8, 2012
Restrospective of Farley's SNL days has all the oft-repeated clips that made him a star--Chippendales, Matt Foley and Schmidtt's Gay. Part of what was the greatest cast of SNL players in my opinion. Forgotten gem was the Herlihy Boy House Sitting Service, which was hilarious.
April 22, 2012
very funny farley is the man
April 9, 2012
I can't stop watching! The funniest man to ever grace the stage of SNL.
½ February 24, 2012
Having never seen an actual episode of SNL, this collection has brought me to like SNL and Chris Farley almost as much as a fan of Farley and his show. My favorite scene will always be... damn it, I like them all.
June 7, 2011
I love the Matt foley sketch and the Chris Farley show sketch! Hahahahahahaha Soooooo funny!
½ May 20, 2011
November 30, 2010
There were some great sketches in here, I think I would have liked it more if I had seen the whole SNL episode.
August 23, 2010
Hilarious. One of my favorite all time comedians
July 10, 2010
I LIVE IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!
June 23, 2010
Farley was very talented and funny, though his obesity seemed to rule everything out at times.