Saturday Night Live: The Best of Eddie Murphy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Saturday Night Live: The Best of Eddie Murphy Reviews

October 27, 2013
Since this came out on VHS and DVD much later than my childhood, Saturday Night Live: The Best of Eddie Murphy is NOT my favorite compilation of some of Murphy's best SNL material. That title goes to the original late 80's VHS release of The Best of Eddie Murphy: Saturday Night Live. Yes, I know the titles have basically just been reversed, but I have a soft spot for that VHS tape. It's a nice compilation that still works, even though I know now that some of the sketches aren't complete and some laugh tracks were added to the sketches to make them seem funnier. That release had more of a flow and feeling to it that the latter release just doesn't capture, and both have different sets of material. The stuff you know of is there: Buckwheat, Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood and Stevie Wonder/Frank Sinatra, but both feature various other pieces of material and this release even features the complete sketches that were incomplete on the original VHS release. Oh well, you can't win them all. This is still a good watch, but I prefer the original much more by comparison. It was a childhood favorite and continues to be one today.
September 23, 2012
eddie murphy is perfect at comedy.
June 9, 2012
Classic Eddie Murphy....Wish he got back into his old comedic self
April 22, 2012
good eddie murphy fun
½ June 22, 2011
Back when Eddie Murphy was funny.
Audra H.
½ June 28, 2010
"Wookin' por nub in all da wrong pwaces.."

'nough said.
June 28, 2010
A decent enough best-of showcasing SNL's first black superstar. The material was probably was funnier and edgier then, and thusly I only laughed out loud a handful of times. Not to say the sketches were bad, they were just dated.
March 20, 2010
Before Eddie Murphy was really popular and made it in the movies he was a great stand up comedian and regular on SNL during the early 80's. This is a collection of his best skits from that time. Some very funny stuff in this. Eddie was a great comedian. If your a Eddie Murphy fan or like SNL skits then check this out.
October 22, 2009
So many classics. Hard to pick a favorite.
October 17, 2009
Never really been a fan of Saturday Night Live
½ July 22, 2009
Hilarious stuff. You'll laugh at something so hard during this, it's worth it every time.
½ April 19, 2009
I own this and LOVE this! Eddie Murphy is a comedic genius and you see it in these SNL skits. Velvet T Jones, Gumby, Mr. Robinson, Buckwheat, Stevie Wonder, James Brown and the list could go on. Just FUNNY period.
April 17, 2009
eddie murphy is perfect at comedy.
January 15, 2009
Eddie Murphy did some of the funniest things of his career at SNL.
December 10, 2008
no thanks not my kinda thing
November 3, 2008
good eddie murphy fun
½ November 2, 2008
"Wooking por wove..."
That's about all I have to say. One of my favorite SNL dvds.
October 20, 2008
Buckwheat Is My Favourite Character On This & It Is Just So Short..It Sucks. But It Is So So Funny. The Four Stars Are For That Alone!!! Otay!
October 14, 2008
Eddie Murphy was excellent on SNL before any of the big movies.
½ August 6, 2008
Tons of classic Eddie on this dvd.