Saturn 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Saturn 3 Reviews

July 21, 2013
Laughably awful in almost every way, from the acting to the costumes to the sets. A couple of good ideas buried under loads of shit. Even Fawcett's boobies couldn't save it...
April 27, 2013
Heres my review. Pyscho space captain on Saturn wants to bang Farrah Fawcett, he builds giant psycho robot that also wants to bang Farrah Fawcett. The 12 year old in me almost relate.
March 16, 2013
I'm guessing what this movie mainly lacks is suspense, even with three people and one robot on a spaceship. Although, I have to admit that Kirk Douglas gives a decent performance from start to finish.
October 27, 2012
Farrah Fawcett spent her time away from the Six Million Dollar Man to make this sci-fi flick where she is aggressively pursued by a robot named Hector while working on an isolated space station near Saturn. Still love her hair.
½ September 11, 2012
not too bad actually.
½ June 28, 2012
Some nice ideas but feels more hammy 1960 than 1980. Douglas tries his best.
May 21, 2012
Love this movie. One of my favorites that I think didn't get the positive reviews that it deserved. Great Futuristic love triangle that is Horror and Sci-Fi .... Not really for children due to gore and nudity... Ahead of its time .... A great movie !!!
½ May 5, 2012
Ticks so many sci-fi boxes and throws in some very interesting actors and yet utterly fails to be an interesting film. The plot is so under developed that it fails to create a single memorable scene or even idea. The sets are well made but also so generic the movie fails to have a distinct look or feel to set it apart. The best way to view is with friends who like deconstructing faulty movies and having fun at its expense.
April 19, 2012
A classic Sci Fi from the 80s
April 8, 2012
A fun film, with crappy acting, a dubbed Harvey Keitel voice (since the director didn't like his voice), and a somewhat suspenseful feel. But hey, it had a bad ass scary robit that killed and stalked people, so screw the negatives!
½ April 1, 2012
poor storyline, and the robot looks very weak. Good cast but harvey keitel was phoning it in.
January 16, 2012
Something is very wrong on Saturn 3.
½ December 26, 2011
de mémoire (il y a longtemps...), j'avais trouvé flippant le comportement de l'androïde. Un bon souvenir
September 9, 2011
Poor Harvey Keital. voice removed. bet he wished he had been bodily removed too. Disaster.
September 5, 2011
½ September 3, 2011
A sci-fi film with a troubled production history. It was due to be the directorial debut of production designer John Barry, fresh off Star Wars. But then it's star had him sacked, and employed Stanley Donen, who sadly had no experience with science fiction whatsoever. It shows throughout this film, which is achingly dull and ponderous. Saturn 3 is a small experimental food research station on one of Saturn's moons, ran by Adam (Kirk Douglas) and his assistant and lover Alex (Farrah Fawcett), who lead a quiet, serene life on the space station away from the over-population of Earth. They are due a visit from a spacecraft which has an experiment on board for them, consisting of brain tissue samples. The craft is manned by Benson (Harvey Keitel), who is mentally unstable and even killed a pilot in order to get to Saturn 3. The experiment consists of an advanced robot called Hector, whose function it is to make the crew of Saturn 3 obsolete, however it turns out that Hector, with manipulation from Benson, is out to kill Adam and Alex, who have always been sceptical of a robot manning Saturn 3. Donen tries to make something of this, but not hard enough, the special effects are ABSOLUTELY CRAP, (no thanks to Lew Grade slashing the budget due to Raise the Titanic costing too much), and the whole film comes across as a poor man's Alien, without any of the suspense or frights. To think this came out the same year as The Empire Strikes Back...
August 29, 2011
Bit dated now,but still worth watching,this was one of the biggest blockbusters of 1980.
August 13, 2011
Good film of the time but a little dated now. We certainly saw more of Farah Fawcett then I envisaged !
½ June 22, 2011
Cheesy as hell, but I have a soft spot for it. The robot looked cool.