Savage Streets - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Savage Streets Reviews

October 24, 2012
Finally got to check out this exploitation classic after picking up the Arrow UK DVD awhile back, and I can happily say that ti was worth the wait. Sleazy and fun, this one hits all of the right notes as Linda Blair goes apeshit crazy on a revenge spree after her sister is gang-raped by gang-members at the beginning of the film.

Recommended.
September 2, 2012
Suitably trashy 80's revenge film but it's too slow and has a disappointingly low body count.

Brenda: Too bad you're not double-jointed.
Fargo: Why?
Brenda: Because if it were, you'd be able to bend over and kiss your ass goodbye!
July 22, 2012
These streets really are savage. This reminds me of a 70s exploitation movie turned 80s teen flick, I really liked it.
½ July 15, 2012
80's exploitation at it's finest. If you like blood, boobs, and violence, this one's for you. Linda Blair never looked finer.
½ June 13, 2012
Tough and very violent exploitation film with Linda Blair and the Satins waging war with rival gang the Scars. Covers all the bases for exploitation fare, including a few fine montages with appropriate score. John Vernon does little but lecture as the school principal.
June 11, 2012
I remember this movie, and I have been looking for it for YEARS, cause I loooooooved it. I don't know anything about the actors/actresses but its in the top 5 on my 80's list!
May 19, 2012
linda blair rarely stars in non horror films but when she does she is simply irresistible
April 9, 2012
I love the film's air of trashy fun but the build up for the final showdown was too long which made it feel kind of anti-climactic. Still, good times all around. I love this era of exploitation.
½ April 4, 2012
This is an 80's trash movie when at its worst. The story starts off well enough, but then it becomes very uneven with acting that is so over the top that one gets a nosebleed. To make up for this, they makers put in a bunch of over-aged "teenage" girls flashing their tits and arses, hoping it would cover the holes in this badly thought-through story.
Did it work? Nah.
This is one of those movies that are best left unseen. How this movie ever made it to the cinemas is a conundrum to me. If I were able to give it an negative score, I'd have done so - but alas...
½ February 28, 2012
Old school low budget revenge film starring Linda Blair and a bunch of unknowns from `83 (and I prefer unknowns too) this film is tits! Bad script + awful characters + gallons of cheese + Linda Blair... What's not to love. Highly recommended for a good time.
February 19, 2012
This was awful, and so very OTT. But it had some memorable hyper realistic characters, that its a film that cant be ignored. So very 80s, but better for it.
½ November 8, 2011
"The worst recommendation, ever." After viewing this vile and disgusting film, I won't ever watch anything with Linda Blair.
October 26, 2011
Great revenge thriller.
½ September 8, 2011
Sleazy 80s rape-and-revenge flick. Linda Blair at her bra-less finest. Tons of fun, if you like that sort of thing.
August 8, 2011
The crappier the better- nothing but stupid skin flick and no substance at all
June 23, 2011
"I'm gonna fuck that bitch"
WrenchLT
½ June 18, 2011
It's "The Satins" versus "The Scars" in this rape-revenge/action-drama which see's the busty Linda Blair lead her all-girl gang in a dangerous tit-for-tat feud with a gang of street punks which descends into rape and murder. It's all very 80s, cheesy and trashy. The rape scene is not as graphic as other that have caused controversy, but it's still an unpleasant viewing which the UK censors have just passed fully uncut. Overall it's really quite enjoyable, especially for fans of 80s movies.
divinetrash
June 15, 2011
Gloriously trashy. Linda Blair is a terrible actress, but she gives it her all, and though the movie keeps stalling with scenes that have nothing to do with the plot, it always remains a lot of fun.