Saving Private Pérez - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Saving Private Pérez Reviews

½ August 30, 2015
It was so much fun watching this. My only regret is that I waited so long to do so. I would like to say that it has exaggerations for comedic purposes, but I actually know people like this. If you ever get a chance to see this in a public setting, note the ones that are oohing awwing over the leads: wardrobe, accessories, etc.
January 9, 2015
Extremely funny!!!! Specially of you can speak Spanish.
½ May 1, 2014
Also a spoof of "Scarface", this comedy is more "jaja" than "haha". However, even gringos will have a hard time not enjoying this farcical look at a ragtag band of Mexicans. "Tomate!"
August 5, 2013
This movie was great. It had the perfect blend of comedy and action. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes 80's action and Spanish movies (which may not be a lot of people) but still highly recommend it.
May 23, 2013
ppl this movie was down ass fuck i love eht
January 10, 2013
Funny movie. If you don understand many (or any) of the jokes, there's no point you should watch it.
November 28, 2012
Joaquin Cosio is hilarious!!!
½ October 27, 2012
Being a person from the Latino community, I can say that this movie is the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen and I regret the moment I pressed play to watch crap
The acting is really bad. From the beginning you see telenovela actors trying to look cool because they were casted to be part of a comedy/action movie. And if the acting is bad, it gets worse every time they talk; every cheesy line these guys have does not help their acting, neither the movie.
For a moment I thought that if the comedy in this movie does not work, maybe the action part will save it. well, i fooled myself because the movie is not thrilling at all. every move they make is so predictable and the cheap ass explosions do not help at all.
This is the first time that I write a review and I did it because this movie really pissed me off and I couldn't take the rage every single aspect of this movie ( if you wanna call movie to this piece of crap )made me feel.
September 4, 2012
Una pelicula divertida, por lo que valio la pena verla. Siendo critico, muchisimos lugares comunes sobre el fenomeno del narcotrafico; y como que la musica de Morricone mas que un homenaje parecia un remake de una pelicula de Leone.
August 4, 2012
Paisas in Iraq...lol...
½ August 1, 2012
Subtle humor mixed with ridiculousness; great random watch!
July 28, 2012
That movie, is f****** awesome.
July 15, 2012
While hardly subtle, thankfully this isn't as broad as the OSS117 series of films. Comedies don't often translate well, and spoofs especially so. The performances and direction are on the money enough to warrant this a pass mark, and as much as I hate racial stereotyping, at least the Mexicans poke fun at themselves here as much as the other nationalities that feature in the film. Miguel Rodarte hits just the right note as the millionaire crime-lord cum action hero, and Rodrigo Oviedo bears a striking resemblence to Rafael Nadal. Not great, but it could've been a lot worse.
July 12, 2012
B-grade piss-take of Saving Private Ryan. A good idea that half comes off.
July 2, 2012
An entertaining comic adventure
June 10, 2012
Hahaha this is a hilarious movie.
June 7, 2012
Churrón entretenido en el que un grupo de narcotraficantes "liderados" por el narco más buscado y poderoso del mundo, se embarcan en una misión de rescate en medio de la zona de guerra en Irak. Comedia que raya en lo absurdo y en la burla, ante una situación completamente ficticia e irreal, pero divertida. No es un 'must' pero si te quieres relajar vela.
May 31, 2012
Though moronic and slow at times, it does have it's fun moments of humor and action, with a pitch of a serious underlying theme.
May 27, 2012
i love this movie.....its a funny and kool movie
½ May 22, 2012