Saw V - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Saw V Reviews

June 11, 2016
Kinda looks cheap but a good twist
½ June 7, 2016
I'm basically guaranteed to enjoy anything SAW-related, but this is admittedly one of the weaker entries in the series. Tobin Bell is phenomenal as always, and the character of John Kramer AKA Jigsaw is a fascinating one to explore - even after his death - so the flashback scenes are legitimately great. However, there is so little focus put on the main 'game' in the film that it appears to be an after-thought, and I think it should have been better developed and thought through. The pacing of the film is jarringly slow compared to what the audience has become used to in this series, and I feel that is another flaw of the film. All in all though, there are still great traps and some stand-out scenes (most notably John's 'recruitment' of Hoffman) so it's by no means a waste of time to fans of the series.
½ May 27, 2016
saw series are the best movies I've seen ever.. I'm not talking about the horror as I don't see it's scaring at all, I meant the story itself, the plot and the ending which make you see the movie in a different eye I can't stop repeating all the series again and again and again
May 24, 2016
Looking back, I'd say this is the worst out of the series so far. The beginning was very good and now we know what Hoffman is up to, it's Scott Patterson character (who was also in the fourth) trying find out what is going on and is on Hoffman's trail. Plus we get to find how and why Hoffman met up with Jigsaw. The traps are good but the film was too slow and some of the acting could've been better. Having said that, it is well written again. Although I knew what the twist was way before the end and didn't surprise me at all. Great beginning but the last 45 minutes dull. Nice way to end the film with the crushing wall scene though. Even the most die-hard of Saw fans won't credit how tedious, lame and pointless this fourth sequel manages to be, even though it does have some nice touches. The main problem with the film is like I said, it's very slow and when the scenes become dialog it's boring and almost puts the film to a halt. Though the worst in the series, it's still a chapter in the franchise and does explain a few things but eventually things must come to an end. The film does have it's moments but you have to watch it to know what's going on...if you've never seen the other four films, don't bother with this, however...it does continue the story but with few answers.
May 7, 2016
Jigsaw and the saw crew just keep impressing me, i didn't think it was possible with this many movies, but we'll see with 6.
April 13, 2016
Saw V has one of the mildest traps in the franchise but the story was sort of unique. It really could have ended right here but they've left a cliff hanger for the next film.
March 22, 2016
I don't remember a thing that happened in this movie. Maybe that's a good thing.
½ March 12, 2016
If you saw my last review, you know what I have to say.
January 23, 2016
Jigsaw may be dead, but his work continues on in Saw V. FBI agent Peter Strahm plays a deadly game of cat and mouse with police detective Mark Hoffman after coming to suspect that he was Jigsaw's accomplice; meanwhile 5 people fight for their lives in a maze full of death traps. The writing is really poor, as Strahm's investigation into Hoffman couldn't be more boring and the death maze segments seem completely disconnected from the rest of the film. Void of any suspense or thrills, Saw V is a pale imitation of what has come before.
January 21, 2016
This one is my second favorite after 2. The whole Detective Hoffman thing was dull to say the least (except for the last part which was really cool) but the games with the group of people and the message behind them was awesome. Worth watching more than once.
January 20, 2016
A yawn-fest. Great opening scene though.
December 31, 2015
The only thing original throughout this whole film is the needlessly gory and bloody traps.
½ December 25, 2015
Not as interesting as Saw iv but it's another great chapter of the series.
½ December 22, 2015
Better than Saw 4 but nothing to rave about. The story was more basic and less confusing but there was still questions not answered and the acting wasn't as good as the previous instalments. I give this film 5/10.
½ November 8, 2015
A perfect example of how Hollywood milks the hell out of popular movies. The Saw series should have ended with Jigsaw as each new film is worse and worse. This entire movie is almost like a parody of itself.
November 2, 2015
Decent enough, I love how complicated these movies are. Not very memorable, though.
October 23, 2015
"SAW V" tries for the first time to play it smart in every twist through every corner, but fails by taking the easy way out, as always. Its traps are still more thought out than the story.
October 14, 2015
The same formula with different situations.
½ October 12, 2015
I knew this was a bad idea. I hate these movies so much, so I knew it was pointless trying to watch this. I seem to go into these movies occasionally because I remember them being so bad that I almost think they're hilarious. But I soon realize shortly into them that the only reason I laugh is because I'm going mad with how much I hate these films. So yeah, I'm clearly not a fan and fans of this crap should not listen to me. My problem with these movies is that it is entirely spawned from an idea that worked maybe as a short film, but was at least interesting enough as a stand alone feature film. I think the original Saw would have worked best as some sort of Twilight Zone/Outer Limits-esque half hour TV episode. It's the same issue I have with Cube (which is a very similar franchise to the Saw movies). Anyway, the first big problem is the cast. They just get the lowest of the low, actors meant for direct-to-video crime schlock that used to pollute the walls of Blockbuster. Next, they string together a script that retroactively tries to explain things that made no sense in previous films, all the while making things so absurd you roll your eyes. Throw in some meaningless torture scenes (there's a side plot of people doing puzzles that really has nothing to do with the rest of the movie). Shoot the entire thing in barren rooms and sets that look like soap opera sets that were dirtied up, and you're done! You've got a Saw movie! Same crap. I hear this is supposed to be the worst of the series, but it all seemed so familiar. I also must admit that I was a bit lost because I don't think I've seen part 4 and if I saw part 3 I don't remember anything from it. It didn't skew my feelings about the movie though.