Say It Isn't So - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Say It Isn't So Reviews

June 5, 2016
This movie prove that movie critics couldn't find their assholes with a roadmap and a funnel. This movie was pretty damn funny.
½ May 24, 2016
Badly cast, badly directed, badly paced and badly imagined; need I say more?
April 23, 2016
good movie but about 20 min too long
April 9, 2016
Oh wow!!! I didn't know it a very good movie! Super love love it!!!!
December 15, 2015
Love this movie, light hearted, can't believe so many people have given it such a bad review.
May 11, 2015
5/11/2014: The cast was pretty good, but it was a pretty cheesy film. There were a few pretty funny moments though.
April 23, 2015
PANCAKES PANCAKES PANCAKES
March 26, 2015
another funny comedy from those farrelly brothers
November 13, 2014
Fun.. But not great.. More lighthearted then anything
August 16, 2014
(First viewing - Teen years)
½ July 21, 2014
Coming at a time when both Chris Klein and Heather Graham were on the verge of stardom, I think it is safe to say that this was the film that halted both of those aspiring careers.
½ May 4, 2014
It's extremely rare for me to give a positive review to a comedy that got such poor reviews. It's even more rare for me to give such a terribly-reviewed one a rating as high as I've given Say It Isn't So. But dammit, I fucking loved this film and I laughed pretty damn hard, too. This is one of the best guilty pleasure comedies I've ever seen and I'll do my best to explain why I am raving about such a badly-reviewed comedy.

The plot follows Gilly Noble, an animal catcher who grew up in an orphanage and one day hopes to find true love. He then hears about this attractive girl named Jo Wingfield who is a really terrible barber at a barber shop where men are flocking to because of her beauty and her good nature.

So, Gilly goes to the barber shop and immediately falls in love with her, even after she accidentally cuts off part of his ear upon mentioning he had found a cat with the same name as her lost cat, and also destroying his hair with her terrible stylist abilities.

Despite these bizarre circumstances, the two end up falling in love with each other, even though her parents aren't fond of him. But, before they get married, Gilly learns devastating news that Jo is actually his sister, which ruins their lives and Gilly is constantly made fun of around town for banging his own sister.

But, something strange happens yet again. While living with Jo's parents (Whom he believes are his real parents), their real son shows up at the door and it is realized that Gilly is not their son and Jo is not his sister.

So, Gilly decides to find Jo and take her back before she gets married to some rich asshole named Jack, while having a series of strange things happen to him along the way and while he's in the same area as her.

The film is filled with all sorts of vulgar gags, including a plethora of sex jokes, drug jokes, and an assortment of other things. As dumb as the humor was, I laughed constantly throughout the film and I enjoyed every dumb gag the film threw at me.

I also enjoyed the acting, especially from Chris Klein and Heather Graham who deliver the best performances, along with actor Orlando Jones. I loved all the ridiculous characters portrayed in this film as they were all placed in such ludicrous scenarios.

Say It Isn't So is a tremendously underrated comedy. I have no idea of what people found to be so terrible about it, but I really enjoyed it, which is quite surprising, as I would normally pan a badly-reviewed comedy, especially one with the type of premise and types of humor this one has. But, for whatever reason, this one did get me to laugh and I had a blast with it. It's no classic, but it sure is funny.
September 2, 2013
Attori discreti a servizio di demenza allo stato puro e senza pretese.
½ May 23, 2013
Sounds funny, but it's actually quite predictable.
½ May 5, 2013
A cringe inducing failure that has you wincing at the seams!

5/05/2013
December 15, 2012
I remember seeing this for the first time at my mother's house. She had just purchased it and was anxious to see it. I thought for sure it was gonna be some silly chick-flick when I saw Chris Klein and Heather Graham on the cover...so I was not enthused when it started. Man was I wrong! I laughed throughout the entire movie! I highly suggest this film if you're lookin' for laughs!
December 7, 2012
Could be worth a viewing, would like to see it sometime in the future.
December 6, 2012
very funny movie i loved it
November 10, 2012
Laughed a lot through this one :D
½ October 31, 2012
Not a true Farelly brothers (they only produced it), it's still in the mold of their gross-out comedy style, and thus, very, very funny. Not a very stellar cast, but the movie and jokes are so funny it works around that.