Scarecrow Slayer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scarecrow Slayer Reviews

August 1, 2015
The sequel to the non-smash non-hit Scarecrow is actually on par in terms of quality and enjoyment. Tony Todd adds a bit of credibility to the film and while the story/directing/editing all lead to a kind of sloppy film, it does have its moments.
This is low budget horror fun with a great killer character that could be great but ends up simply being mostly forgotten except by the most devout of fans and horror fanatics.
If you have the seen the first film and have a case of OCD thus needing you to see everything Scarecrow this is your type of flick. Most people can easily avoid this and sleep better at night knowing they didn't waste their time.
But there are a select few out there... the horror masters... the savants of scary, that are totally into this kind of movie. To them I say... enjoy
½ December 8, 2013
This movie should of never been made
July 3, 2013
The un-seriousness of the first film is left out, giving little to make this film enjoyable. The effects are cheap, the plot is scattered, and the characters stink. Unmemorable beyond the less-than-decent scarecrow fight, the film just doesn't work out well.
August 7, 2012
Unlike the first Scarecrow, this one attempts to be a serious horror film. Without the silliness though, it has no redeeming qualities. I couldn't even make it through the whole film.
July 15, 2011
Not the best horror...(just a few mistakes in this movie)
_

Crew or equipment visible: As the teens use their truck to run down the scarecrow, just before impact, there is a distinct shadow of the cameraman and some kind of filming tower (for high angle shots) that appears across the truck as it drives by.

Crew or equipment visible: After the Scarecrow gets Gavin, Carl pulls up in the Blazer and picks up Mary and the Sheriff. After the Blazer pulls away at the left edge of the screen across the street is a camera sitting on a tripod, and the red light is even on.

Crew or equipment visible: After the Scarecrow David takes the pole away from Scarecrow Carl, the camera changes to a view from behind David. At his point there is a camera visible at the left edge of the screen.

Revealing mistakes: Judy is in her hospital room when Carl and Mary come in. They look at the "artwork" on the wall and when this is shown, in the upper right corner of the screen, the top of the door can be seen opening then closing. This happens twice, but nobody else has come into the room.

Continuity: As the truck runs over the scarecrow, we see in a wide shot that the scarecrow's legs are severed at the knees. Then when they show the scarecrow crawling on the ground, he is missing all of his legs, from the waist down.
June 24, 2011
i loved the movie it was scary adventurous and awesome!
February 14, 2011
Incredibly corny sequel co-produced by The Asylum before they got big & mega. Tony Todd plays the lead and the rest contains bits of drawn comic book style footage, plenty of cheap gore, annoying teen victims and a surreal partly shot-on-video setting. Enjoyable cheese.
July 26, 2010
the opening death scene made me laugh so hard that i had tears rolling down my face...it contained special effects so poorly done that i wouldn't be surprised if it took them five minutes or less to slap it together. the rest of the special effects in the film are equally bad and often resulted in a slight chuckle from me. other than that, the film doesn't have too much else going for it...but it's fairly entertaining for what it is.
November 22, 2009
More enjoyable than the first one, with better acting and directing. The soundtrack isn't as good though.
½ November 1, 2009
this film is in my top 3 worst movies ever. never see this. i would rather die then see this again.
August 28, 2009
How nice Creepy Movie Poster isnt?
½ July 3, 2009
understand that i rated these movies on how enterained i was while watching , with that said this is the worst movie i have ever seen , everything is fake and horrible looking , but i was laughing the whole time which was good enough for me , , im so happy movies dont have to be good to be made
½ May 16, 2009
todd rex you disappoint me...
½ May 4, 2009
One of the few films I have seriously been tempted to turn off. You can imagine the idiots trying to make the thing "dark" right through the poorly-directed film. 90% of characters are unsympathetic, and the comparatively good ones all die...
April 18, 2009
I love this movie it scared the crap out of me
½ April 18, 2009
I saw it with my friend Sarah one of my friends here on FB, we turned it off not even halfway through, the effects were horrid, and the scarcrow was 3 D ish instead of scary...
½ April 18, 2009
There have been terrible movies before, but this one has to go near the top of that list. Wow, this is bad.
April 7, 2009
Definitely the sophomore slump of the trilogy.
September 22, 2008
I'd rather iron Ned Beatty's underwear.
½ August 17, 2008
weird myth causing man to become scarecrow kill loads of pepole