Scary Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scary Movie Reviews

Page 2 of 19066
August 26, 2016
Funny movie all along couldn't stop laughing
August 26, 2016
If Scary Movie targets its correct audiences, then there is going to be a fair amount of laughs.
August 13, 2016
Scary Movie definitely will give you a laugh or two and some feel goods on a late night if you're not looking for too much horror. The film does a decent job at playing satire on current films of the day, the year 2000.
The Wayanes bros play different roles, one as a in the closet but very obvious gay man, and the other a stoner. Other characters perform different, being either too stupid to know what's going on or very aware and being unable to escape their fate. Some don't take the obvious route to escape while others get away who you would have rather have died.
The film doesn't take itself too seriously, white being self referencing and drawing heavy on other horror franchises.
August 10, 2016
"Scary Movie" ranks as a very pleasant diversion. There's enough big laughs and plain silliness to make for a textbook, short, to-the-point parody. Mission accomplished.
½ August 8, 2016
Spoof of horror movies is a one joke movie but its attempt is worthy of viewing.
jamrcla
½ July 28, 2016
Good film really funny in places, Very silly though, Does a good job at mocking the films it was meant to.
July 26, 2016
Known as one of the best projects the Wayan brothers have ever produced, Scary Movie is a very loose parody of horror films such as Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer, along with films like The Matrix getting thrown in to get made fun of as well. Being a great film to watch with your friends, it's all crude humor added up with violence for about 90 minutes. It's nothing great, and it's nothing even remembering. It's a fun parody of films that all were well received as cult classics.
July 25, 2016
I have always found this movie to be funny. I've loved it since I was a kid. I can't believe it's 16 years old now. Shorty is my favorite!!!
July 24, 2016
What did you expect?
July 12, 2016
A beautifully hilarious masterpiece for it's take on spoofing slasher flicks.
½ July 11, 2016
Every corny, bad parody tries to be what this movie never intended to do. without taking itself to seriously, it spawned famous catchphrases and characters so stupidly funny, you couldn't help but laugh. We all know its not a deep, personal story that's going to change your life. the creators never intended it to be that. it was intended to be what it is today, a parody that people will remember. It got that alright. It got that and much, more.
this turned out to be a parody everyone wanted to be. Movies like Date Movie, Epic Movie, Vampires suck, and Meet the Spartans use the same formula that Scary Movie invented. They overuse it, yeah. But you cannot blame this movie for others steeling and basing their material of its own. Before this movie, THIS was the first of its kind and it was funny! dumb but funny. to me, that counts enough to be respectable in the movie business and directing.
July 10, 2016
A movie that's shows how to create a good parody.Funny clever and inventive.Sadly,from the third movie,downfall started.
July 6, 2016
I've never liked Marlon Wayans in just about anything but some of the Wayans Bros. movies used to be watchable back then. This and Scary Movie 2 are the only good ones of this franchise. Doofy still steals the show.
June 9, 2016
Ray was funniest, good parts throughout. Killer was cool
June 9, 2016
I love the Scream movies and horror movies in general and this is a brilliant parody! J'adore Frissons et tout le tralala de ce genre et ce film en est une parodie brillante!
½ May 30, 2016
A classic in its day.
May 25, 2016
Funny enough I guess
½ May 23, 2016
I feel like it was a lot funnier when I first saw it long ago...
½ April 20, 2016
A disgusting film with annoying humor and poor writing.
April 18, 2016
You need to be familiar with the horror-genre if you know what's being referenced, and if you are, "Scary Movie'' delivers the goods. Thumbs Up. '?? 1/4
Page 2 of 19066