Scary Movie 4 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scary Movie 4 Reviews

½ September 12, 2015
Again a scary funny movie , simple : great jokes , good ones and bad ones . SOMDVD
½ September 10, 2015
Even more dumb than the other ones
½ September 2, 2015
Have you ever seen a new spoof film where you feel like it's trying to say to you, "It's hilarious you fool! Really! Please, laugh at me!" Well, that's what you'll get right here. $‚,¨%< you, &^% you, $@*^ you, and, oh! did I meant to say ‚,¨%+* you?! Your allot better off watching Robin Hood: Men in Tights than this!
August 12, 2015
La mejor de la serie
July 28, 2015
One of the stupidest movies I've ever watched. It's still enjoyable in a so-bad-it's-funny sorta way. Lots of jokes are funny because they aren't funny, but some of them can hit a bullseye(the Detroit & heart attack jokes are some examples). There's some gross-out humor which I'm not a fan of, but it's definitely the best possible sequel to the first Scary Movie. Certainly better than Scary Movie 2...
½ June 4, 2015
What can I say? I'm a fan of the franchise.
May 22, 2015
Not well made but still pretty funny
May 22, 2015
It has a couple funny parts (the Million Dollar Baby scene kills me), but it's just more of the same violent slapstick humor from the last movie. It gets old pretty fast.
May 17, 2015
A stupid, but funny movie that has its moments.
May 14, 2015
Anna Farris is still funny!!!!
April 6, 2015
Probably the strongest entry in the series but still ridiculously silly and slapstick, Scary Movie 4 is far from good but it is good enough to enjoy. If you didn't enjoy the first three however, you need not apply.
March 22, 2015
a reluctant 4 stars.
this is the best-made of the Scary Movies beyond any doubt.
though the laughs became few and far between in the 2nd half but they were still trying. their big problem is they try too hard. i know Airplane and Naked Gun had a joke every 10 seconds and you miss some cause of laughing, but trying to recreate that may not be the best plan. and the pratfalls (people getting hit in the head and falling down and going boom) got super old but maybe some people enjoy that, i dunno.

still, most of this movie was great, due to the team of Zucker, Proft and Abarahams.

the problem with this franchise, though, is that it will get more and more dated as the years go on. the pop culture jokes in old spoofs like Airplane or so easter egg that they are overlooked if you don't get it. these movies, however, will make absolutely no sense to the young people 10 years from now.
½ March 18, 2015
mejor que todas la cuarta mejora mas
½ March 17, 2015
This was a very cool entry in the series.
½ March 1, 2015
as entertaining rather than to laugh, but proof
½ January 24, 2015
Scary Movie has always been "so bad, its good" or "so stupid, its funny", but this one really showed how tired the series is getting.
½ January 20, 2015
This franchise has produced some classic comedy moments but feels like we're starting to struggle for new ideas in this one. I was not nearly laughing as much as I had done in previous instalments and it's sad to see the humour deteriorate - or is it just because I'm getting older and more mature? Nah, doubt it! It wasn't helped by the fact that I hadn't seen, or liked a lot of the films it was spoofing such as The Village, The Grudge, War of the Worlds, and Million Dollar Baby so perhaps a lot of the jokes just bypassed me. Anna Faris is her usual consistent self which suits these films down to the ground, and Brenda is back to press her annoying loud mouth role on us once again. I do think these movies now miss the impact of the Wayans brothers who provided much of the comedy in the first two films, and despite bringing Leslie Nielsen into the equation, his style is more suited to the Naked Gun films than the roles he has here. There are some good one liners to enjoy but there's far too much slapstick for my liking and the idea of bashing a young girls head in a car door, or someone being hit by a ball is far too overused and unoriginal. It's really starting to feel like this series needs a new sense of direction or a new script writer to inject some fresher ideas. I hope to god the fifth release gets it, otherwise these films which I have come to love over the years will begin to be remembered for all the wrong reasons.
January 5, 2015
LOVED IT!!!! in my opinion it's simply a MASTERPIECE
December 27, 2014
always so funny, however I watched it many many times
December 23, 2014
With a lot of cliches that are reimbursed with the funny jokes and the talented cast.