Scatter My Ashes At Bergdorf's - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scatter My Ashes At Bergdorf's Reviews

June 11, 2013
Interesting and funny!
May 25, 2013
Great testimonial about a great Store and a family, who I knew well and grew-up with, the Goodman's who were unpresumptious,gracious and a wonderful and colorful family
May 24, 2013
A peek behind history and fashion pretentiousness.
½ May 19, 2013
a bit too much name dropping but interesting look at an industry leading company that I otherwise probably wouldn't know about.
May 19, 2013
If you are a New Yorker who loves that stories behind this great city or someone who enjoys hearing the stories of how great things come to be, this will entertain and amuse. And Betty, well she is one of a kind.
May 13, 2013
Enjoyed watching the artistry behind the windows but not much else
May 9, 2013
This was fun, but it could have been so much better. It spent too much time on the designers and a few fashion movers and shakers. I know there's more to the store than that. Wasn't even one mention of the wonderful housewares on the 7th floor (I confess that's the only floor I've ever been to!) Tell me more about the staff, the electric bill, the advertising, what makes the whole operation tick. If you must spend so much time on the illustrious movers-and-shakers, tell me how they got to their frighteningly powerful positions in the fashion world. It also spent too much time on the windows, but that was more interesting than the ho-hum Italian talking heads, and I will never walk by Bergdorf's again without looking at the windows!
½ May 5, 2013
Though at times - especially at the beginning - it feels like a celebration of elitism and decadence, Scatter My Ashes is a documentary about the creativity and fashion influence of the Bergdorf Goodman store. Like a modern fairy tale, they explain that the store's purpose is a sort of personal inspiration for designers, clients, and those who can't afford to shop there yet. It does put you in this world where having wealth is easy, something that many Americans do worry about. But it's a fascinating look at a world that we can all hope to be a part of, in one form or another.