Scavenger Hunt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scavenger Hunt Reviews

September 24, 2016
I watched this because I am trying to watch all of Schwarzenegger's movies in order. He really isn't in it very much, so don't watch it for Arnie. This is your typical goofy 70's/80's comedy. Lots of people getting injured in ridiculous ways and car chases. It's a good late night and nothing else is on movie, but that's about it.
½ May 24, 2016
Underrated gem of a comedy. Richard Benjamin is terrific!
November 14, 2014
October 9, 2014
Went to the theatre when it was $2.50 to watch this
August 31, 2013
Realise par le recidiviste Michael Schultz, Scavenger Hunt est un film ennuyeux, repetitif, hysterique, particulierement laid, previsible, impersonnel et tres mal joue (seuls Scatman Crothers et Arnold Schwarzenegger sont acceptables, ils sont malheureusement presents que pour un cameo) avec un score irritant. Vous l'aurez compris, il n'y a rien a sauver dans cette cata.
½ March 12, 2013
A total late night movie that was on Channel 7 as a kid. Almost passable as entertainment but then again without cable TV the big competition was snow on the screen.
½ December 19, 2012
If you're in the mood for zany, it's great--An Unsung Classic!!
May 9, 2012
I loved this film when I was a young (around 10yrs+), and having watched it again recently it for me still holds up. It's a time and place that I'd love to have lived through, which i kinda did, and obviously a fun riotous comedy set in that time and place.
½ November 11, 2011
Loved this movie as a kid, along with MMMM World and similar ensemble comedies. Can't believe it's still not reissued.
November 9, 2011
No doubt, one of the most fun movies released in 1979. An all-star cast put in memorable, if not a little predictable, performances. Hilarious and heartwarming. The loss of a mascot and surprise ending make it time well spent. tame by today's standards, it can be enjoyed by those 10 and up. This film has yet to be released to DVD, but bootlegs and original VHS copies are available.
October 17, 2011
Terrible with one redeaming feature a cameo from Arnold schwarzenegger.
½ October 10, 2011
One of my most favorite movies. Hysterically funny and it is not out on DVD!
September 18, 2011
Killer movie with a fantastic cast!
July 21, 2011
I can just die every time I see Richard Mulligan dress up as a mummy in this silly movie.
½ May 28, 2011
this was always one of my favorite movies of the 70's. 5 teams on a scavenger hunt and winner gets an inherited fortune. so fun and a great cast makes this comedy gold as far as the 70's go. if you like it's a mad mad world you will like this.
March 13, 2011
Campy funny movie starring Robert Mulligan and Scatman Cruthers....1979..its silly but the dialogue makes me laugh....good diversion and a blast from the past!.."They Killed Montclaire....!!"
½ January 15, 2011
Hilarious, simply hilarious. Too bad the movie has never been released on DVD.
December 3, 2010
Hysterically funny, essentially an updated 70's version of "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad", etc..., as a troupe of greedy heirs to a millionaire game- magnate's (A comical Vincent Price in a wordless cameo--) fortune compete in the titular activity to receive their inheritances. Some VERY amusing sequences, & the cast is hilariously on point, especially Scatman Crothers (As a mild-mannered Security Guard-), Richard Mulligan (As obtuse cabbie Melvin Dummitz--), Cloris Leachman (Price's predatory Harpy-of-a-sister-), Roddy McDowall as Price's prim-&-proper butler, James Coco (As Price's flamboyantly temperamental cook-), & Richard Masur (As Leachman's gigantic & slobberingly-spoiled Man-Child-). The museum scenes with the clumsily-stumbling suit-of-armor & the rampaging mummy are priceless! Replete with amusing cameos by Meat Loaf, Ruth Gordon, Avery Schreiber, & AH-NOLD before his "Conan" days!