Scenes from the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scenes from the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills Reviews

June 12, 2012
An alternately amusing, tiresome, intelligent and disappointing modernization of Jean Renoir's Rules of the Game. It never lives up to the promise of its opening scene, but it's a nice little departure for Paul Bartel.
½ December 18, 2009
What's up with the cover art listed on this site? It has nothing to do with this film. Anyway...I'm a freak for Paul Bartel. His films are dark, subversive, and always hilarious. Scenes From A Class Struggle might not be his best work, but it sure is better than most of the similar movies out there. The cast is beyond stellar and I'm always up for Jackie Bisset in anything. It's pretty much a spoof on all the tacky 80's soaps like Dallas and Dynasty with a bunch of selfish, unlikeable rich idiots sleeping with each other backs. The late Ray Sharkey turns in a memorably sleazy performance as a bisexual gigilo of a servant. It's always nice to see the wonderful Mary Woronov in anything as well. It's certainly weird, but that's it's oddball charm. It's worth checking out if you can find it.
September 11, 2008
a little bit funny but mostly dumb in a vapid ostentatious 80's way.
November 12, 2007
Hot, saucy, ribald escapades of the rich and bored. Arnetia Walker as To-Bel steals every scene she appears in.
October 17, 2007
Funniest movie ever. Best line: "By the way, your buddy Howard here recently did some exploration of certain dark parts of my continent. In fact, he went so deep into areas unexplored by your feeble playwritin' ass that I was beginning to think he was Louis AND Clark!"
½ September 8, 2007
A favorite. I only saw it once, but I loved it.
July 28, 2007
This bizaree retread of Luis Buneul films is a somewhat amusing send up of class, manners, and sexual mores
July 4, 2007
Begley, Jr. vs. Wallace Shawn. What could be better? "A mouth is a mouth is a mouth."
½ January 14, 2007
#1 on my dvd wish list
½ November 7, 2006
A brainless and astonishly unamusing sex farce played out at a furious pace among the rampantly randy rich of Beverly Hills and their servants. Bisset's got talent and looks.