Schindler's List - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Schindler's List Reviews

February 20, 2017
I love Spielberg. Even though it was black and white, it didn't matter. It was very emotional to watch.
February 19, 2017
Schindler's List is a testimony to the magic Spielberg has as a director. For a film over three hours it never disappoints due to the pacing and the fact that there is always something happening whether it be Schindler plotting business with Stern or Goeth sniping away Jews for sport. One of it's biggest attractions for myself is how polar opposite Liam Neeson's Oskar Schindler is in comparison to Ralph Fiennes' Amon Goeth. There is an emotionally devastating scene where Schindler explains to Goeth that power is not superiority but in fact the opposite. Then Goeth attempts to peruse Schindler's interpretation if power only to resort back to his savage slaughter of Jews. The plot allows the audience to take part in their own interpretation of the horror on screen by not using cheap tactics with music or jump cuts but instead showing it in it's gruesome obscenity. It is the greatest film to depict the holocaust due to it's ability to tell an incredibly entertaining character driven story as well as a documentary type look on what should never happen again. What's really great about it is that there is never any censorship used to maintain a rating of any kind. It shows extremely graphic violence and nudity in such a realistic way that for certain moments of the film I lost myself in the brutality like I was experiencing it myself. As far as the cast goes I was incredibly impressed with the chemistry certain members of the cast had, particularly Liam Neeson's business scenes with Ben Kingsley and especially Ralph Fiennes' romantic but at times depressing scenes with Embeth Davidtz. In conclusion Schindler's List is a masterpiece of film and realistic depiction. It's easily a five star film and perhaps Spielberg's greatest film.
February 15, 2017
Schindler's List is epic and Fantastic. It's about War and passion I give 100%!
Bradley T. Johnson
February 10, 2017
So vivid. So necessary. So powerful is Schindler's List it may be the most important film for every human to watch. And yet the film's brutal atmosphere may make it difficult to some to handle. This film is an experience. It puts the audience through the emotional wringer. It engulfs you with its accurate depiction of the Holocaust that the audience can't help but feel thankful for the lives that we live today. Steven Spielberg masterfully directs the film which is a sprawling three hours, but not a minute is wasted. The film is wholly involving depicting the terror and even occasional dark humor of the period, although laughing in a movie like this seems highly wrong. The film wraps itself up with some potently emotional scenes that highlight Liam Neeson's fantastic acting and a tribute to the man responsible for saving so many. Schindler's List is not easy cinema in the least, but it is masterful and very vital for those to view and remember a past that we'd be lucky never to experience. Rating: 95
February 5, 2017
Brilliant movie very touching gut wrenching and sad .a true story.stephen Spielberg made an amazing film
February 3, 2017
Schindler's List is Spielberg's masterpiece. It is so emotional. It shows the reality of world if you were a Jew at that time and you still get the uplifting Spielberg feeling at the end that will leave you in tears. The acting is phenomenal especially from Ralph Fiennes. John Williams also gives an incredible score that you will never forget.
January 30, 2017
Schindler's List is riveting, absolutely shocking, yet it portrays the Holocaust with such a realistic outlook that it makes this movie one of the best historical pictures ever.
January 22, 2017
Brilliant movie. Touching
January 2, 2017
Uma grande obra prima, uns dos melhores filmes que assisti na minha vida. O filme é extremamente verdadeiro sobre o que acontecia acontecia naquela época. Liam Neeson sensacional!!!!
January 2, 2017
Director, Steven Spielberg (Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and E.T. The Extra Terrestrial) directs,
Schindler's List, with the intentions of recreating the Holocaust as realistic as possible, and succeeds masterfully. Every scene involving the Nazis were so brilliantly directed and very intense, and scenes of them in the labor camps are truly terrifying. Schindler's List, is the most realistic depiction of the Holocaust to ever hit the screen.
January 2, 2017
A very powerful movie. An amazing performance by Neeson. Three scenes made my eyes water. A movie that makes you think about human nature and war. A coin has two sides to it. A must watch.
½ December 30, 2016
Rating 4.5, Hope that's not anti-semitic
December 29, 2016
O melhor filme de herói de todos os tempos.
December 25, 2016
Bedste Spielberg film.
December 21, 2016
Steven Spielberg delivers a masterpiece giving full light in yet it's darkness restoring the World War II genre.
December 20, 2016
That last scene before Oskar leaves, quite possibly one the greatest in cinematic history.
December 17, 2016
1354/5000
The guy who revolutionized the movie scene, Steven Spielberg proves that he does not just blockbuster, told in an extremely melodic way, it is impossible not to empathize with the characters, the film is extremely sensitive and insensitive as well, showing all the cruelty that human nature Can provide by elevating life to the condition of nothing, talks about the power that corrupts and elevates the human being to a higher degree, this is all a great analogy of Nazism, which in the end, is nothing more than an advertisement, and our protagonist Oskar Schindler (Liam Neeson) has realized this and decides to act. It is impossible to talk about Schindler's List without mentioning his photograph that puts us straight into the 1940s, and this was a very good choice for Spielberg, we have some colorful scenes that are absurdly significant, like the scene of the girl in red who Symbolizes hope, and then ... With a soundtrack and convincing performances and an impeccable script, its 3 hours are not even tiresome, on the contrary, you want to see more, live longer, get more excited. And as if that were not enough, Spielberg mixes elements of cinema with real life, leaving the film extremely more tactile. Schindler's list has a spectacular construction and a magnificent finish, and it is not the act that cleared the Oscar.
December 11, 2016
Tätä ei kovin usein jaksa yli kolmen tunnin pituutensa ansiosta katsoa - viimeksi ehkä julkaisuvuonna 1993 leffateatterissa. Silloin saatoin olla liian nuori, nyt tarina kosketti aivan eri tavalla. Järkyttävä, kamala, hirveä. Ja kuitenkin toiveikas, positiviinen. Hieno. Masterpiece. Upea elokuva kertakaikkiaan. Yhtään ei silmä lupsunut vaikka pituutta elokuvalla tosiaan riittää ja värit puuttuu.
December 8, 2016
Steven Spielberg's amazing masterpiece, this black-and-white film manages to pack a lot of story within its 3-hour long runtime. The film has amazing performances from Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley and Ralph Fiennes, has some well-conducted music most notably in the full-colour ending and manages to successfully combine drama with horror and unexpected humour. This film is not only one of Spielberg's best movies to date but may also be remembered as one of the most critically acclaimed movies of all time and for adults and older teens will be an unforgettable motion picture experience.
December 6, 2016
Schindler's List is directed by Steven Spielberg, and it stars Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley, and Ralph Fiennes in a historical film about a German businessman who's in the Nazi Party, but creates a factory and put hundreds of Jews in there to secretly keep them safe, while also keep them working so that no one knows about something fishy going on. This is actually one of my favorite films that I've seen, and I seen this more than once despite the long runtime that's 3 hours long. When I see it for the fourth time in Holocaust class, and to this day, it remains to be one of the best movies that I have even seen. Liam Neeson is my favorite actor, and this is one of the reasons why he is because he gives a fantastically-layered performance that knocks his performance out of the park that makes me convinced that he knows how to do business, and understand his way that makes him want to save as many Jewish refugees as possible. He also does a good job of giving an emotional moment which at the end, makes it a very heartbreaking one but also giving an ambiguous question of if it would've been better if he went through time and do what he said. Ben Kingsley is great as he tells Oskar about what he can do that's the right thing, metaphorically as his conscience. Ralph Fiennes did a fantastic job of being such an evil character that he's just having fun with it, as he usually does like this and Harry Potter. This is probably the closest movie that understands what the Holocaust is like as people giving crap to Jewish people, what the Jews have to deal with in terms of living and working conditions, and even getting kids on the trucks which gets a lot of mothers trying to get them out of it, which is the most horrifying part of the film for me, even if I seen this before, it still get chills out of it. The black-and-white shot is a wise choice and it makes it feel more effective and more of its time period, and the score by John Williams is relaxing, but very sad to listen to. It has the one aspect that many Holocaust films not use, and that is the humanism from Steven Spielberg that gives his vision that gives some humanity from the Jews that helps them get through with the Holocaust. Even when it's more than 3 hours long, I was never bored, it never felt stretched out, and it has great writing from Steven Zaillian that gives tons of informations of the Holocaust. The movie is very powerful, haunting, and just a masterpiece that World War 2 films are never up to this film, and so are tons of films in general.