School of Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

School of Life Reviews

½ May 29, 2012
Am I the only one who noticed Ryan Reynolds disturbing eyebrows?!?
May 25, 2012
I saw this movie before I graduated with my English Degree. It wasnt really funny. There wasnt a real issue. It was just a light hearted movie. It taught me how to be a teacher (no joke)!
May 6, 2012
This film is inspiring. Although it is silly and a bit cheesy, it's about redefining what living means, what learning is. And no matter who you are, this movie will make you feel ready to take on life again- even in the face of great adversity.
LWOODS04
March 30, 2012
Cast: David Paymer, Ryan Reynolds, Kate Vernon, Andrew Robb, John Astin, Leila Johnson, Shylo Sharity, Chelsea Florko, Jillian Marie, Alexander Pollock

Director: William Dear

Summary: Stodgy educator Matt Warner (David Paymer) -- who's determined to carry on his late father's legacy of winning the Teacher of the Year award -- suddenly finds himself competing with charismatic new history teacher Michael D'Angelo (Ryan Reynolds) in this made-for-TV family tale. In an effort to smear the affectionately dubbed "Mr. D," Matt tails him and makes a shocking discovery that leads to an uncomfortable self-assessment and an about face.

My Thoughts: "A feel good movie with a great message but with a bitter-sweet ending. Good performances from Ryan and David Paymer. The story is about learning what little time we have on this planet so what we do with it better count. The title of the film is very fitting. It isn't about school or teachers, it's about us. How we treat each other how we see each other. What we can do and what we should do. To make something of our lives and don't waste the time we have been given because our time is limited and unforseen. Not a film for most, but one worth taking a look at with your kids."
March 6, 2012
Watched on Netflix, cute movie with a great message.. it was pretty heart warming
February 13, 2012
just loved this movie! inspiring!
½ January 23, 2012
Ok, it was corney, but I liked it. I have to say Ryan Reynolds is one of my favorite actors now.
½ November 28, 2011
Teacher of the year award winner gets competition from a new, hip teacher that everyone loves. A "message" movie.
½ November 13, 2011
I was so sad, so very very sad!
October 17, 2011
I could NOT have enjoyed this movie more! It was funny, emotional, and full of fun. Ryan Reynolds nailed this role, as did everyone else. I would recommend this to EVERYONE !!!!
October 7, 2011
starring Ryan Reynolds Who plays a teacher that I wish I had for History class (or any other one for that matter being he makes it fun & interesting.. Key word..ENTERTAINING.) Real teachers need to take notes from this character. He's mysterious and kids & teachers alike just love him, All but one. The stuffy Biology Teacher whose father won the Teacher of the year award for 40+ years in a row, and swears this is his year is suspicious of him. I think it's a cool film Oh & to exlain more I would have to ruin the movie for you as that mystery is part of the key to the whole movie B
September 28, 2011
Ok, so its not a masterpiece nor is does it show amazing film making skills BUT it gives us all a beautiful reminder to live life to the fullest, to lose graciously and not take life so damn seriously, it has soul
½ September 23, 2011
Well any Ryan Reynolds movie is a good movie, but at the same time, it's not Just Friends either. More John Astin!!!!
September 15, 2011
This movie was pretty good. It had a really good story.
½ September 13, 2011
This was an OK movie, but he died in the end so I didn't really like it.
September 12, 2011
GREAT MOVIE!! however the ending was short
September 12, 2011
this movie was so GOOD but so sad:(
½ August 22, 2011
Not bad for a Ryan Reynolds film. But not good either.
July 28, 2011
One of those hidden little gems that may bore you to sobs or strike straight at your heart. It did the latter for me. Watch it.
June 24, 2011
This is a good family friendly movie. The acting and plot may be a little weak, but it does have a nice message.