Reviews

• Dec 18, 2020

I love these films that eff with your mind.

I love these films that eff with your mind.

• Feb 25, 2017

Schramm is an interesting study of the mind of a serial sex killer. We see two murders from multiple angles throughout as Schramm replays the events over in his mind. There is also an uncomfortable scene of him hammering nails into his penis. The one thing I liked is that because of his actions of killing the Jehovah's Witnesses he had to clean up the blood, which led to him painting his room and falling off of the ladder dying. If he had not killed the JW's he would not have died, and would have been there for his neighbour who is now the victim of other nefarious people. Acting was good, although some developments were not logical.

• Dec 16, 2015

Ugh I guess it's certainly something

Ugh I guess it's certainly something

• Mar 22, 2014

Buttgereit directs yet another sleazy, gory, pretentious mess.

Buttgereit directs yet another sleazy, gory, pretentious mess.

• Jan 16, 2013

An innovation, a true cult classic.

An innovation, a true cult classic.

• ZACHO D Super Reviewer
    Sep 30, 2012

I like the Nekromantik films more, but the artistic flair is still gritty, yet, dazzling.

• Jul 04, 2012

Saw this once a long time ago. Forgot how mind trippy it was.

Saw this once a long time ago. Forgot how mind trippy it was.

• May 12, 2012

Rather curious to me that Flixster calls this an erotic film. It does have an animatronic vulva monster (a brilliant effect) in it but I hardly see how that puts it in the sex movie category. Anyway, it's brilliant. And it's short, so you can watch it often!

• Jul 04, 2011

Considering the amateurish nature of the previous works from Jörg Buttgereit, this feels like a mature work. Still isn't anything good beyond the shock factor.

• Dec 14, 2010

I hate it! But that doesn't make it a bad picture... Buttgereit takes A LOT from Cronenberg's biological horror, mixed with sexual pervertion and creates images that would make even Lucio Fulci vomit. I don't know if it's a bad film or a good film or an exploitation film or a cult masterpiece or all of the above, because sometimes it looks too good and some other times you just can't stand it. But you can't deny the fact that it's a rather impressive vision of a madman's mind.