Scintilla (The Hybrid) Reviews

• Sep 05, 2017

Great makeup effects, but dull as dirt.

Great makeup effects, but dull as dirt.

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Apr 09, 2017

*** Spoilers Ahead, Most definitely*** The movie starts out interesting enough.I was really curious to see what the mercenaries were going to find when they made it into the bunker on their way to the underground laboratory.On the way down when they encountered the 1950's alien looking guards, I thought if the things outside of the laboratory look like this, I can't wait to see what the hybrids inside the laboratory look like.When I finally get to see the hybrids, the only thing I'm thinking is that's it? The alien on the movie poster looked better than the hybrids did.After that, the movie became boring.Things did pick up again but there was only 15 minutes left in the movie so...... Here's the spoiler, in the end, when the mercenary leader had a shot to kill the hybrid, he didn't take it & let him escape.I don't get it.It just didn't make any sense at all.I did kinda like the finale when the hybrid was walking in the city because it leaves the movie open to a sequel.Even though I really wasn't that into The Hybrid I'd be interested to see how the story continues if there is one.The Hybrid isn't a movie I'd go searching for but if you come across it & you can see it for free then why not?

• Jan 05, 2017

When I read the synopsis and the saw the cover of the film, I felt like damn, this could be interesting. Then I started watching and was instantly confused. I kept asking myself, "What is he saying? Who are they? What's going on?" It was never made clear for me and I was never connected with the characters. They just seemed unemotional and disingenuous, as if like me, they too were dragged through the plot of this "film" by their fingernails.

• Dec 03, 2015

This is an interesting and fun Flick with a great story! Don't be haters. This film was well made and deserves a sequel with a strong budget. Awesome ending! The characters act very irrational at times but the acting was as good as the script allowed. Anyone that loves sci fi and sci fi horror will definitely enjoy this. Obviously don't start this movie expecting Independence Day quality but if you're like me and you've seen pretty much every movie in the genre worth watching, it's a fun surprise.

• Nov 27, 2015

Fumbling sci-fy flick with nonexistant dialogue. Very short on plot,too. Not too, if you'll pardon the pun, "scintillating."

• Aug 03, 2015

slow, boring only thing in its favour really was the wonderful Antonia Thomas

slow, boring only thing in its favour really was the wonderful Antonia Thomas

• Jun 17, 2015

First thing: The intro is very abstract in how it was tackled. It does very little to draw the viewer in or really explain anything that the location/time text didn't or set a mood. I got the impression that it was put in there post production as an afterthought that was heavily edited for time. The early "tense" scenes seem to drag on without any real sense of tension. Character interaction seemed to be very forced but not by fault of acting, it really did seem that the actors did the best they could with what they were given. It really doesn't start getting interesting until the "Bob Log III" clones show up, but even then it seems like scenes are drawn out without much thought of placement or timing. The general movie concept is great and seems like something that could have been really interesting, but falls flat so often that it remains mediocre. The extra half a star is for the acting (which isn't perfect, but is about the only thing that held anything together and dragged me past the awkward writing.) It's not a "bad" movie, but is far from anything i'd recommend.

• Jun 13, 2015

So this could have been a really, really good movie, but instead the characters lack depth and are given nearly no motivation behind their actions. **SPOILERS** It seems like the writer doesn't like his women very much, as he created every woman character as irrational, overly emotional, or stupid, and then dead soon after. The main scientist just is oblivious to the intelligence of her creations, despite them being highly monitored and videotaped. How does she not notice that they have telekinesis first off, and then also, no one notices Gothe stealing electronic equipment over the course of his entire stay there? The scientist in charge of the mercenaries seems to just be on a "let's end the human race for no reason" trip for again, no reason. And then finally the mercenary woman, who is being paid an intense amount of money decides she's going to kill one of the creatures that is the reason she is getting paid, and then thinks that Gothe is going to be like "hey, thanks for killing my child" or something. Basically all of the female characters lack depth or reason for their actions, while all of the male characters, other than the leader mercenary, are just greedy, typical mercenaries -- but at least that makes sense, unlike every woman character besides the Chechen mercenary biker woman. If they had just developed the characters more, or really just made them make sense at all, this movie could have been great. The special effects are decent for what they need to portray, the concept is good, pretty much everything is spot on, it just suffers from poorly written characters.

• Jun 03, 2015

Much better than expected flick. Moved quickly and overall well made. Based on description and the few ratings I found almost didn't watch but it was a slow night so I tried and was surprised by how much I liked it.

• May 24, 2015

Itâ??s a dull, rehearsed story that takes itself too seriously; the cat and mouse games can be pre-empted way before they happen, and the characters are devoid of any dimension, serving only as fodder. Any vaguely interesting cast members are culled quickly and early on, leaving a miserable and angry bunch of individuals who you would much rather see die horribly sooner rather than later.