Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins Reviews

May 21, 2017
Why do I even bother
December 17, 2016
This one is great and it has a lot of twists and a great storyline
December 1, 2016
I enjoyed it because the setting of the movie and the acting was perfectly made most scooby movies just started in the middle but this movie really shows it's potential
June 19, 2016
Although the visual effects are cheesy, Scooby Doo: The Mystery Begins is better then the 2002 movie with a great cast, that just needs more character development.
October 23, 2015
Possible my favorite Scooby-Doo film. I give it 4 stars.
August 30, 2015
It was neat learning how the gang got together. But this was just dumb. Scooby Doo looked too fake. Scooby Doo looked better in 2002.
March 25, 2015
"The Characters Stayed True To The Original Cartoon..."
"I Always Thought They Should Have Gotten"
"Saved By The Bells Dustin Diamond To Play Shaggy"

****

This Story Starts Of In
(Fictional)
Coolsville Ohio Home Of Four High School Juniors Fred Daphne Velma Shaggy & Soon Scooby Doo. Fred Jones Is A Quarter Back: For The High School Football Team; Daphne Blake Is A Beauty Queen Drama Student; Velma Dinkley Is A Whiz-Kid Of Science & Many: Intellectual Things; & Shaggy Rogers
(Always Thought They Should Have Gotten)
(Saved By The Bells Dustin Diamond To Play Shaggy)
Is A Happy Hippie Slow Out-Cast That Has No Friends, Often Picked On, & Likes: Unorthodox Sports. Scooby Doo Finds His Way To Being Shaggy's Dog Shortly After The Beginning Of The Film.

Sent To Detention By Strict Disciplined Ex Military Vice Principal Grimes For An Altercation Aboard The School Bus Fred; Daphne; & Velma Start To Bond When They Find That They Have A Charismatic Attraction For Mystery Stories. Finding A Gang They Fit In With; Jubilant Invigoration Shaggy & Scooby Get.

Coolsville School, Becomes Under, Siege By, Ghost &, The School, Gets Tore, Apart. Being The Last Kids At The School When This Happens; The Next Day All Four Get Suspended By Vice Principal Grimes; Not Believing In The Story Of Ghost Doing The Damage. Shortly After Getting Suspended; Velma Tells The Others About Hearing Strange Things That Have Happened At The Coolsville Museum; The Five Then Decide To Try & Solve A Real Life Mystery...

For Those That Were Fans Of The Original Scooby Doo Cartoon; Wanting To See The Typecast I Think This Movie Will Please Them Because The Writing Of The Plot & The Characters Stayed True To The Original Cartoon: Supplying Fans That Want To See That With Just That; In Those Regards All & All A Pretty Good Scooby Doo Movie That I Would Recommend Seeing.

For Fans That Want To See A Part Of The Typecast Add Up With A Little Bit Of Spice
(Of Romance)
That One Would Except To See In A Teenage Movie; Coupled Together With Scenes That Have A Bit Of A Warped Sense Of Humor It May Or May Not Deliver The Desired Amount; Depending On The Taste Of The Fan; Critic; Etc Fred Will Probably Be Criticized For Not Being A Blond; Velma For Being Somewhat Oriental; But Who Cares? It Is A Movie!

This Story Had A Mystery Plot That Gave Clues Making It Possible To Solve The Mystery With Supernatural Characters That Had Powers That Never Got Explained
(Other Than Just Being Supernatural)
In My Opinion A Good Thing.

Bored I, Was Not, I Liked, That Clues, To Make, The Mystery, Solvable Had, Been Put, In &, Throughout, The Film, It Kept: Me Entertained.

~

I Give This Film A B + (Bright) ****
January 22, 2015
I wasn't sure I was going to like his but it was very enjoyable.
½ November 13, 2014
My favorite live action Scooby-Doo movie. Scooby looked way to animated in this film.
September 14, 2014
And I thought the original CGI of Scooby from the live action Scooby-Doo looked ridiculous. The plot isn't a bad plot, but I will always be bothered by the fact that Fred is not blond, it is a minor detail, but it did bother me throughout watching this whole thing.
½ August 26, 2014
I own this on DVD in a four movie pack along with:
* Scooby-Doo (2002)
* Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004)
* Scooby-Doo: Curse Of The Lake Monster (2010)
November 12, 2013
"Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins" is not as good as you expected. Horrible CGI.
½ September 14, 2013
My favorite scooby doo on my favorite channel awesome and scooby's animation is awesome a 93%
August 23, 2013
Fair and likable attempt at giving life to characters. But nothing great.
August 12, 2013
No humor, no suspense, no likability, no originality, the "mystery" is anything but; This film is nothing more than a poorly written rip-off of the Breakfast Club.
August 6, 2013
Very fun to see the group form from the very beginning! A fun family adventure for all.
½ August 2, 2013
This story starts of in (fictional) Coolsville Ohio home of four high school juniors Fred Daphne Velma & Shaggy. Fred Jones is a quarter back: for the high school football team; Daphne Blake is a beauty queen drama student; Velma Dinkley is a whiz kid of science & many: intellectual things; & Shaggy Rogers is a happy hippie slow out-cast that has no friends & likes: unorthodox sports. Scooby Doo finds his way to being Shaggy's dog shortly after the beginning of the film.
Sent to detention by strict disciplined Ex Military Vice Principal Grimes for an altercation aboard the school bus Fred; Daphne; & Velma start to bond when they find that they have a charismatic attraction for mystery stories. Finding a gang they fit in with; jubilant invigoration Shaggy & Scooby get. Coolsville school, becomes under, siege by, ghost &, the school, gets tore, apart. Being the last kids at the school when this happens; the next day all four get suspended by Vice Principal Grimes; not believing in the story of ghost doing the damage. Shortly after getting suspended; Velma tells the others about hearing strange things that have happened at the Coolsville museum; the five then decide to try & solve a real life mystery...
For those that were fans of the original Scooby Doo cartoon; wanting to see the typecast I think this movie will please them because the writing of the plot & the characters stayed true to the original cartoon: supplying fans that want to see that with just that; In those regards all & all a pretty good Scooby Doo movie that I would recommend seeing.
For fans that want to see a part of the typecast add up with a little bit of spice (of romance) that one would except to see in a teenage movie; coupled together with scenes that have a bit of a warped sense of humor it may or may not deliver the desired amount; depending on the taste of the fan; critic; etc
Fred will probably be criticized for not being a blond; Velma for being some what oriental; but who cares? It is a movie.
This story had a mystery plot that gave clues making it possible to solve the mystery with supernatural characters that had powers that never got explained (other than just being supernatural) in my opinion a good thing.
Bored I, was not, I liked, that clues, to make, the mystery, solvable had, been put, in &, through out, the film, it kept: me entertained. I give it a moderate thumb up.
½ April 27, 2013
Better than the movie, still funny, but the story is exaggerated a bit.
March 4, 2013
Scooby Doo: The Mystery Begins is a nice surprise. It's the 3rd live action movie and rewinds to tell the origin story of the scooby gang... I liked the first movie and loved the second one but I was dubious about this prequel being a made-for-dvd release but all is good. Brian Levant is a trustworthy director when it comes to family films (Problem Child 2, Beethoven, Flintstones, Are We There Yet etc) and he delivers a faithful and highly entertaining Scooby movie. The actors all embrace their characters and the comedy is genuinely funny. It isn't restrained either and for a kid-friendly movie it's surprisingly spooky. The gang all meet one afternoon during a high school detention and inadvertently find themselves embroiled in a haunting. The famous scooby end-revelation is a good one too (and kind of clever) with the captured villain declaring he would have got away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids. hehehe. Damn, now I'm keen to watch the 4th movie which continues from this one... when kids flicks work, they're rad! LOL
November 5, 2012
Bunch of un-known actors,makes this Scooby film chessy!