Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School Reviews

July 29, 2016
Doesn't rack up with the best but ancient horror film villians along with their respective off-springs and other great characters still make it exciting to watch.
February 24, 2016
I really liked watching this when I was a kid and I still watch it.
September 13, 2015
An earlier Scooby-Doo movie that stars Scooby, Shaggy and Scrappy without Fred, Velma and Daphne.
Shaggy and Scooby are hired as gym teachers at a school for ghouls (like the daughters of Frankenstein, Dracula, Werewolf and Mummy, etc...) and of course they are scared to begin with.
The first half of the movie they help the girls win a volleyball tournament and the second half they help save the girls and school from Revolta.
November 30, 2013
These classic Doo movies are just too phenomenal.
½ September 14, 2013
It was a fun and entertaining Scooby-Doo television movie. It had good animation, music, characters, voice cast, comedy, adventure, backgrounds, mystery, and a interesting storyline. I first rented the VHS version of this movie from Blockbuster. I could recommend this movie to Scooby-Doo fans of all ages.
July 21, 2013
Great movie,I would give it a 98%,brings my childhoood back!
July 20, 2012
A sweet comedy starring Scooby Doo, Scrappy, and (Rrrrr, Rrrr) Shaggy, It was one of my favorite films growing up.
½ February 26, 2012
Something I just ended up watching really late at night, first half was really average and lame but kind of picks up near the end. The girls at the ghoul school were fucking annoying, shaggy and scooby were good but just did the same thing they always do.
½ February 15, 2012
One of the absolute worst Scooby-Doo animated films ever released.
½ November 7, 2011
I don't know why this is a picture of Cyber Chase, but
October 8, 2011
My favorite of the Scooby/Shaggy/Scrappy films.

The amount that I wanted to attend the ghoul school growing up? Lots.
½ January 25, 2011
In the 1980's, there were 3 Scooby Doo films that were released on television. There was Scooby Doo Meets the Boo Brothers, Scooby Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf, and Scooby Doo and the Ghoul School. Like the other 2 films, the main gang, Fred, Daphane, and Velma are replaced by Scrappy Doo. In this film, for some reason, Scooby, Shaggy, and Scrappy get jobs at Miss Grimwood's Finishing School for Girls to be the gym coaches. I guess that all the running from monsters really helps them keep in shape. They soon discover that the school is a school for Ghouls, or female monsters. After being scared out of their wits by discovering this, Shaggy and Scooby soon become comfortable around them.

In the film, the plot is split into 2 storylines. 1st, the ghouls worry about trying to win the upcoming Volleyball game against the neighboring Calloway Military Academy. Then, the ghouls are captured by an evil witch, known as Revolta, the Evil Witch of the Web! Finally, a part in the movie where they get to run all over a castle full of monsters!

Usually seen by others as a rather awful and underappreciated film, there is some evidence that the Ghoul School film is a candidate to become a Cult Classic! To be honest, the Con of the film is that there are so many puns in the film, it starts to get a bit annoying, and the absence of Scooby Snacks. The Pros, however, are that we get to see more of the commical stylings of Shaggy and Scooby, and nice little break away for the usual formula of the Scooby Doo series, and the ghouls themselves! Especially Sibella Dracula, the daughter of Count Dracula. While the movie has Winnie the Werewolf, Elsa the Frankenstien Monster, Phantasma 'Phanty' the Phantom, and Tanis the mummy, Sibella is shown by fans of the movie to be the most memorable ghoul. From her typical vampiress apperance, rather seductive sounding voice, and her catchphrase 'Fang-tastic'.

In addition, this movie should've gotten a sequel, especially due to the fact that at the end of the film, we see the daughters of an Alien, the Creature of the Black Lagoon, and Godzilla. In conclusion, this film is basically the its-so-bad-its-good kind of cult classic, with the bad being the puns, and the good being Scooby, Shaggy, and Sibella (rowr!).
½ November 19, 2010
The fourth of the Scooby-Doo direct to DVD films and the weakest so far, lacking the solid script of the previous three entrees, the plots to thin to cover the running time. A fine distraction for kids but adults will spot the villain within within about 10 minutes.
½ July 19, 2010
well first of all this movie has the wrong picture, and this is one of my favorite scooby doo movies
July 9, 2010
Idk why the picture is Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase but either way The Ghoul School was an older Doo movie but i loved and enjoyed it and it was my favorite.
September 27, 2009
The Ghoul School makes for a very average film. Scooby-Doo seems to have been just slapped on it, but the humour he brings to it is highly welcome and appreciated. With the exception of the Great Dane however, most of the characters are very unlikeable and annoying, despite being daughters of some of the most classic film monsters ever.
October 20, 2007
I loved this movie as a child. Sure, the whole gang isn't there, but that's fine. I was never hardcore fan of the series, but this movie is fabulous. The "little ghouls" are adorable and lots of fun. Matches, the "pet" dragon of the boarding school, is really great, and friendship he develops with Scrappy is nice to see. The beginning to the movie is really funny, and the exercise scene (don't ask, you'll just have to see it yourself!) that follows soon after always puts a smile on my face. It all starts as a misunderstanding that results in Shaggy and Scooby meeting monsters they (gasp!) aren't afraid of... and, of course, some new villains that [i]are[/i] quite scary. All in all, this is a really entertaining watch.