Scooby-Doo and the Legend of the Vampire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scooby-Doo and the Legend of the Vampire Reviews

½ September 29, 2010
To show you how bad the live-action Scooby Doo movies were this 2,456th Scooby movie is still 10 times better and this SUCKED. They all do. None of the original actors and actresses are even doing the voiceover work now. Not even Casey Casem. I think that stroke had something to do with it.
½ September 29, 2010
I am probably the biggest Scooby-Doo fan where I live and have been since I was 3 and I rather prefer the older episodes than this movie.
CloudIsAMonkey
½ September 29, 2010
I know some vampires, and lemmee tell ya, they're a lot hotter than THAT. That atrocity aside, It was alright. One of the newer, "hey! lets make it so its not just some guy in a suit!" and it was interesting to see how these ones worked out. And thus! 3 1/2 stars!
½ May 22, 2010
Amazingly over-plotted, even for a Scooby-doo flick, you may be in trouble when there's about 12 minutes of plot exposition to explain who the villains are and why.

Rental at best.
March 6, 2014
One of the classic Scooby-Doo movies
½ November 5, 2012
One of the weaker animated films of the mystery gang.
½ February 19, 2012
An alright film with clothing going back to the original series but it could be a little better and longer.
September 26, 2011
The Hex Girls Return, and this time their playing in the battle of the bands in Australia. But the Yowie Yahoo (The Australian Vampire) is mad. Despite the Hex Girls, and the great music in this one, This is a lame installment
½ October 3, 2010
Not as good but still good!
August 2, 2010
This is the fifth animated straight to DVD film of Scooby Doo and you would think the show would have run out of steam by now and to be frank I wouldn?t argue with you there but it is nice to see the voice actors together again for the first time since 1973 and when it comes to a film like this you have to be as open as possible and just review it for what it is and thereby, mostly, waving a bulk of Critism.

The film follows Scooby and the gang who are on vacation in Australia where they attend a musical festival held at Vampire Rock where the legendary Yowie Yahoo Vampire resides and is kidnapping the musicians, who include The Hex Girls. Masquerading as a heavy metal band aptly named ?Those Meddling Kids? the gang must uncover the identity of the vampire.

The villain always deserves to be talked about in Scooby-Doo, be it an episode or a full length feature, and the villain here is decent enough to work and I was pretty impressed with the visual style of the Vampire and regarding plot, I thought that the entire plot fits the 72 minute running time perfectly which is due to the humour which is predominately slapstick based and if you know you don?t enjoy that sort of humour then I don?t see why you are watching Scooby-Doo in the first place it is to be expected.

The antics of Mystery Inc may actually be feelings a little, I emphasize the word little here, tiresome but I do believe there is some steam in them yet and they sure as hell won?t go out without a fight. You can?t call their antics formulaic because that is how the cartoon has been since it started in 1969 and that is how the show will always be because it is aimed at children, regardless who may actually watch it, and children need a sense of familiarity and thereby repetition. I for one wasn?t terribly bored; on the contrary I was actually quite enjoying myself throughout and to boot I enjoyed seeing all the characters using their own unique catchphrases, nostalgia did it?s work there. Kids will love it and most adults will too just don?t expect too much from it because this most certainly not a Disney full length feature.

Skip to the End

8.0/10

Fans of Hanna Barbera fans will love it and so will kids, no doubt about it but at times it will test the patience of adults but if they just learn to relax it and take it for what it is, they may find themselves pleasantly surprised and actually quite enjoying it.