Score: A Hockey Musical Reviews

• Jan 01, 2018

On one hand this is a truly awful movie, on the other hand it's hilariously fun, but still terrible.

• Dec 29, 2012

This was hysterical. Funny, well-acted, just a great way to kill some time. I really enjoyed it. Lyrics like 'You're making a mistake, his tongue and saliva I did forsake' ... are *funny*. That's humorous! Geesh. Even hockey can be poked fun of. I can believe, however, that the hockey games are bogus -- I know nothing of hockey but do about music and can attest that the music-playing scenes were ridiculous, stands to reason the hockey was too. But it's OK, everything doesn't have to be realistic. This is a musical, for crying out loud: it *is* ludicrous; that's the point. eh?

• Nov 18, 2012

Fun Canadian tale about hockey. The songs are not very good or memorable, but it works for what it is, and the acting pretty much is the same, although it could have used less language to make it more family friendly.

• Jul 12, 2012

This movie is awful. It quickly becomes obvious that whoever made this movie is not knowledgeable on hockey or musicals. The more you see hockey being played, the more they make errors, anybody who loves hockey will be frustrated by the rules being wrong in this movie. The acting in this movie is atrocious most of the time, which can probably be credited to an awful script, but there is no actor in the movie experienced enough to save a bad script. The songs are truly the worst part of this movie. The melodies are non existent most of the time and the poor actors are stuck trying to find a note to hit, the lyrics are even worse. It seems as though the lyricist has the depth of a 12 year old with a thesaurus. overall an atrocious film

• Apr 07, 2012

The musical interludes felt way too fored. Even for a musical.

The musical interludes felt way too fored. Even for a musical.

• Mar 22, 2012

Gonna start off by saying I'm Canadian and I'm totally biased. In actuality though it wasn't a terrible movie, if you like some grade A Canadian cheese then you'll love this film. The singing at times isn't the greatest but to be honest you won't really care because the lyrics are adorably quirky; as well the dancing in hockey garb is quite amusing. The fact that Olivia Newton-John is a crazy mother and Nelly Furtado plays a crazed hockey fan are just the icing on the cake for this movie. Also gotta love me some George Stroumboulopoulos! Overall I'd say if your Canadian you will probably find this movie amusing. If you're not but you have a good sense of humor and you like movies that aren't Hollywood grade then you might find this enjoyable. I will say that if you're not Canadian you might have trouble understanding the satire.

• Mar 19, 2012

This was a fun show. Very Canadian feel. The songs are quite funny. The story is light, much like the tone. Nothing is incredibly deep in the film, but it's still very fun and nice to see some Candian celebrities in there.

• Feb 20, 2012

Best musicalâ?¦ever!

Best musicalâ?¦ever!

• Feb 07, 2012

if glee and slapstick had an offspring this would be the offspring. its funny, its violent. its in your face.

• Jan 15, 2012

After the novelty wore off my mind wondered and i lost interest.

After the novelty wore off my mind wondered and i lost interest.