Score: A Hockey Musical - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Score: A Hockey Musical Reviews

½ November 21, 2013
i was actually concerned w/the message mid movie but it got better..the message that is, the movie overall had potential but was definitely overcheesed. george couldn't even save this one for me and w/all the canadian going on how does olivia newton-john even fit?
March 1, 2013
pouhahaha ca a tellement l'air poche ! Jveux voir !
December 29, 2012
This was hysterical. Funny, well-acted, just a great way to kill some time. I really enjoyed it. Lyrics like 'You're making a mistake, his tongue and saliva I did forsake' ... are *funny*. That's humorous! Geesh. Even hockey can be poked fun of. I can believe, however, that the hockey games are bogus -- I know nothing of hockey but do about music and can attest that the music-playing scenes were ridiculous, stands to reason the hockey was too. But it's OK, everything doesn't have to be realistic. This is a musical, for crying out loud: it *is* ludicrous; that's the point. eh?
½ November 21, 2012
101101: I liked it! It was a love/possibly hate relationship but by the finale, I had made up my mind. "Hockey, the Greatest Game in the Land" solidified it for me. Excellent Canadian content, we should be proud. I was proud. I tapped my feet, smiled, and even laughed out loud. Yeah, there are some weaker songs but overall this film made my night. I'm even happy with it while reflecting and writing this opinion, a day later. No Canadian can dislike this film...can they? And I don't even follow hockey.

121121: Pure Joy. Up half a star!
November 18, 2012
Fun Canadian tale about hockey. The songs are not very good or memorable, but it works for what it is, and the acting pretty much is the same, although it could have used less language to make it more family friendly.
½ July 12, 2012
This movie is awful. It quickly becomes obvious that whoever made this movie is not knowledgeable on hockey or musicals. The more you see hockey being played, the more they make errors, anybody who loves hockey will be frustrated by the rules being wrong in this movie. The acting in this movie is atrocious most of the time, which can probably be credited to an awful script, but there is no actor in the movie experienced enough to save a bad script. The songs are truly the worst part of this movie. The melodies are non existent most of the time and the poor actors are stuck trying to find a note to hit, the lyrics are even worse. It seems as though the lyricist has the depth of a 12 year old with a thesaurus. overall an atrocious film
½ April 17, 2012
At times is so Canadian its painful, if I wasn't such a fan of musicals I'd hate this movie
April 7, 2012
The musical interludes felt way too fored. Even for a musical.
March 22, 2012
Gonna start off by saying I'm Canadian and I'm totally biased. In actuality though it wasn't a terrible movie, if you like some grade A Canadian cheese then you'll love this film. The singing at times isn't the greatest but to be honest you won't really care because the lyrics are adorably quirky; as well the dancing in hockey garb is quite amusing. The fact that Olivia Newton-John is a crazy mother and Nelly Furtado plays a crazed hockey fan are just the icing on the cake for this movie. Also gotta love me some George Stroumboulopoulos! Overall I'd say if your Canadian you will probably find this movie amusing. If you're not but you have a good sense of humor and you like movies that aren't Hollywood grade then you might find this enjoyable. I will say that if you're not Canadian you might have trouble understanding the satire.
½ March 19, 2012
This was a fun show. Very Canadian feel. The songs are quite funny. The story is light, much like the tone. Nothing is incredibly deep in the film, but it's still very fun and nice to see some Candian celebrities in there.
February 20, 2012
Best musicalâ?¦ever!
½ February 7, 2012
if glee and slapstick had an offspring this would be the offspring. its funny, its violent. its in your face.
February 2, 2012
I enjoyed this movie very much. The acting and singing is natural and sincere. The lyrics are for the most part fun, campy and predictable., which never hurt for Andrew Lloyd Webber. And it is good to see a film the whole family enjoys
January 15, 2012
After the novelty wore off my mind wondered and i lost interest.
November 28, 2011
. . . . yeah I can't believe I watched it either!
½ November 28, 2011
There's really only one song that stands out in this silly film.
October 16, 2011
Pure Canadian Fun. Some of the songs are really good, and I find myself whistling along with everyone else on the home ice.
September 25, 2011
Love hockey and all, but when I saw the trailer for this on TV, it just looked horrible.
September 18, 2011
This is the worst movie I have ever seen. No contest. There are no reedeeming features and it doesn't even have the good sense to be entertaining and bad. Music is awful and so is the acting. I cannot believe they opened TIFF with this. Really. It is amazing how much this film sucks.
½ September 8, 2011
Annoyingly bad. Kinda Christmas in Wonderland annoying, but for different reasons. Bad lyrics to the songs (especially the Kraft Dinner one), bad acting, and worst of all the film is just DULL.