The Scorpion King - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Scorpion King Reviews

July 28, 2017
Trying to tell an action fueled origin tale about a CGI failure seems too dumb and useless. That pretty much describes this movie.
June 27, 2017
When The Scorpion King first came out in '02, it would be hard to imagine that between this franchise and its forebears (The Mummy & The Mummy Returns), that it would be The Scorpion King who would continue to live on in the following decade. Though that's maybe less shocking knowing that Tomb of the Dragon Emperor happened.

Scorpion King delivers on a small amount of the hammy fun it could have been, though I can't help but wonder just how amazing it would be if we had gotten a Fast & Furious level Rock portraying Mathayas.
½ June 24, 2017
I remember disliking this film, this was due to the fact it wasn't in a similar tone to The Mummy. Rewatching this film and probably having a large Johnson presence now compared to the limited exposure I had before watching this film, I found the film to quite good. The film wasn't a classic by any means but it wasn't the dud everyone made it out to be. It is much better compared to both Mummy sequels and had filmmakers kept the franchise going with Johnson, this could have been a continuing franchise. I honestly believe if this film was made today, it would've been a hit, the film was a little too rough around the edges. I thought the characters were interesting and Kelly Hu walking around in next to nothing gets my vote any day of the week. The villain wasn't the best and it weakened a key ingredient for the success of the film. It's a shame this film didn't set the box office on fire but a revisit excluding the dud prequels and sequels they made wouldn't be a bad thing. I like these films and this film deserved a franchise, this will go down as an uneventful solo film. 25-06-2017.
½ June 6, 2017
It was the Rock's first starring role. And it's fun but no, it's not a good movie. Michael Clarke Duncan and Kelly Hu do their best with a lazy script. Luckily the Rock's charisma and the heavy metal score will keep you awake!
½ June 3, 2017
6/2/2017 (2): An ok film at best, but Johnson did pretty decent for his first leading role.
June 1, 2017
A horrible spin-off from The Mummy movies, even the Rock can't save The Scorpion King from its goofy script and terrible plot.
May 29, 2017
A little disappointing considering it is supposed to be a prequel to The Mummy, but it wasn't bad for an action film. I wish it had a better story. (First viewing - Teen years)
April 12, 2017
A lackluster swords & sandals epic.
February 7, 2017
Love the rock in this movie. Great action star.
½ December 26, 2016
Fantastic movie! Favorite line? Boo. Also can we talk about how great Dwayne is as an actor even given such cheese? Let's call him the cheese sommelier.
December 20, 2016
How the hell do you fail with this?! The Rock better be cooking up an apology.
December 15, 2016
The Scorpion King will be remembered for making a star out of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and has some fun action sequences but compared to the initial Mummy remake series it's based off of it's a bit of a disappointment that never quite lives up to its true potential.
½ November 19, 2016
I know I'm 14 years late, but 'The Scorpion King' and 'Hercules' have so much in common that I can barely decide which film is better (Or worse). Probably Liked 'Hercules' better because 1.) The Rock was stronger 2.) He didn't have as many lines to ruin 3.) There was no Michael Clarke Duncan to put on a wig & makeup or get fucked in the ass for no apparent reason, got to stay away from that guy...
October 10, 2016
It has pretty good action and adventure. Dwayne Johnson nails the role!
August 25, 2016
A good action filled adventure, but tends to have a few things that makes no sense and drags on in some parts. Still the action in this is spectacular and the acting is good - ok. Definitely a watchable movie if nothing else is on.
August 17, 2016
Felt like I was watching an episode of Hercules.
jamrcla
½ July 29, 2016
Not as bad as critics made out there was some nice action scenes Dwaynes acting isn't the best but as far as spinoffs go it's pretty good fun.
½ July 14, 2016
Love this movie so much
March 21, 2016
17% - What is there in this movie??? Nothing. So, end of the story.