Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse Reviews

• Dec 10, 2020

It's not bad, it has an elaborate and funny story, but the performances are a bit exaggerated like Auggie's, the producers tried to create something funny at the level of Saturday Night Live, but it's not so fun at that level.

• Nov 15, 2020

Great Film Others' Opinions of This Don't Really Matter Pretty Much The Opposite Is True Actually. I Get a Lot Will Disagree But I Used To Value Everyone's Opinion Only To Realize How Slack Jawed, Racist, Phobic and Repugnant Everyone Gets Over The Most Ridiculous Shit! Watch This Film With An Open Mind It's Worth It If You Like Queer or Even Borderline Queer Horror Films!

• Sep 17, 2020

Man the opening to this film is bad. I mean really really bad. Like I switched it off after 4 minutes of the film and almost didn't come back to it. The opening scene tries to be funny. It fails massively. The dancing janitor is possibly one of the worst openings to a movie that I have ever seen. No word of a lie it's that cringe and unfunny. Something in me though made me carry on and switch the movie back on. I mean the film couldn't get any worse than it was at the start right? For the most part that rings true. That opening aside the film does improve. But that's because I feel like it couldn't get any worse. The thing that convinced me to watch this movie was the premise. It's a different one and a zombie comedy can really work all you need to do is look at Zombieland and Shaun Of The Dead. So I did think this movie could be kind of funny. The main problem with the film though are the characters. They're downright annoying. Look the lead character Ben played by Tye Sheridan who I recognised as the new Cyclops in the recent X-Men films isn't that bad. Actually his character is quite likeable and he's one of the only ones you hope gets a happy ending in this movie. Along with him Denise the stripper isn't a unlikable character she's just not that interesting a one other than on the eye which let's face it is the main reason she's in the film. Seeing a bunch of gimpy scouts run around isn't that interesting without a hot girl to distract us. They do this pretty well in all honesty as Denise and Carter's sister are both literal stunners. Well played there. The main problem I find is two of the three scouts are beyond annoying and pathetic. We never are drawn to either of them as characters and the more the film goes along the worse they get. They try to make them both seem more likeable at points but it doesn't work. Carter is one of the most unlikable and unfunny characters I've seen in a film in a long time. The fact he's probably the second lead in this film is a major problem. Oggy is meant to be a character we feel sorry for but man is he annoying. The more it goes along the more annoying I find him. Both characters have moments where you slightly warm to them but overall they're pretty damn dreadful especially in comparison to Ben. Look the film has some moments where it has heart to it. These moments don't occur enough and they're not explored enough which again hurts it. The thing that hurts it is that it's geared up as a zombie comedy. It's not a comedy. I mean it has a couple of laughs in it but not any where you laugh for long periods or particularly enthusiastically. It's brand of comedy falls flat and it falls way behind other comedies similar to this. With these comedies in particular Shaun Of The Dead the zombies aren't exactly on say The Walking Dead's levels but the zombie effects in this are some of the laziest and poorly done I've ever seen. I know it's a fresh outbreak but they could have had a little bit more going on with them. They look like they've been in makeup for about 5 minutes then rushed onto set. I really did think this film would be like Zombieland and that the Scouts guide would be something similar to the rules that Jessie Eisenberg's character creates in that. But nope they just really know how to tie knots and a few other non exciting things. This movie had a lot of potential. Sadly that potential is wasted with poorly written characters and lazy effects. It has one of the worst movie openings in living memory but it does improve. It's just a shame that improvement isn't by a greater deal. I'm honestly wondering whether I carried on watching because I thought it could get better or the fact it had a couple of hot blonde girls to watch during the film?! I'm going to say "No Comment" to that. It passes the time but don't expect anything special or anything you would watch again.

• Aug 25, 2020

I dont know why people hate it. For me, the movie isnt bad at all. Pls make the second movie, i wanna see that badass girl denise

• Aug 18, 2020

A horror comedy that's wacky, cringy and goofy, but in the best ways. It certainly sticks to genre conventions, but its mix of zombie and teens is well executed, although it could have been better.

• Aug 07, 2020

Nice and quite funny movie even if sometimes it is a bit forced both in terms of comedy and in terms of the morals that at all costs it wants to teach, but still it remains a beautiful film that is very watchable and entertaining

• Jul 04, 2020

laughs a lot until my stomach hurts. Ri tanto que meu estômago doeu Esse filme me trouxe isso de volta

• Jun 11, 2020

half way through i realized ive watched this movie before. had its moments but offered nothing new to the genre.

• Apr 13, 2020

Rubbish film with nothing to redeem it.

Rubbish film with nothing to redeem it.

• Apr 08, 2020

altough the introduction and the middle part are quite acceptable, the third act is so clichè and bad executed to give the movie a D rating