Scrap Heaven - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scrap Heaven Reviews

September 19, 2015
It has an idea, but the execution doesn't really deliver emotion that we can relate to. In the end as the story goes it becomes bland and whiny
½ June 23, 2012
A fantastic revenge story
December 20, 2009
A brilliant and twisted Japanese version of Fight Club. Two blokes extract revenge for people who have been wronged until they take on a case that goes awry. The three main actors are superb in their roles but of the three Jo Odagiri is the best. Loved it.
½ September 11, 2009
If you like fight club you will maybe like this one too. Pretty movie.
January 21, 2009
a very japanese way to tell stories. odagiri joe make it even better!
January 5, 2009
the best movie of JOE ODAGIRI
September 25, 2008
½ September 15, 2008
Bon ben malheureusement pour ce film, fight club est deja passe par la et a fait beaucoup mieux. Les quelques passages "humour" ne sont vraiment pas les bienvenus. Globalement mal foutu, meme si les acteurs sont pas trop mal.
½ September 1, 2008
It's deeper & extended version of Fight Club. It is way darker & hopeless, but nevertheless the film's theme is well communicated. The end of the film asks why type of heaven awaits?
½ September 1, 2008
I was a little lost with the plot...
July 9, 2008
This film caught me by surprise, I really didn't expect to like it half as much as I did. I don't even know what I was expecting but I thought the movie was done extremely well. The whole setting of the movie is very original and the story was told really well, although it may seem a bit slow to people who are used to the more fast paced American movies. I think one of the best points of the movie, aside from the storyline is Jo Odagiri, he is an amazing actor. Jo's character was played so well and he was such an enjoyable character I can't get enough of how awesome he was. I'm pretty sure this will end up being one of those movies that I can watch over and over without ever getting tired of it. Oh yeah and I agree with what I've heard some people say, it kinda does have a Fight Club feel to it, but it's not ripping off of it at all so if you liked Fight Club definitely give this a try.
May 8, 2008
I swear, Miike could've directed this!
½ April 27, 2008
It didn't seem like a BAD movie, but for some reason it was almost unbearable for me to watch. The fancy cuts were a bit annoying. I think the movie was probably good and I just lost interest halfway through.
March 22, 2008
Depressing indeed! I just love it--and great camera work of course! *grin*
January 14, 2008
A depressing roller coaster.
½ January 3, 2008
this is a depressing & a sentimental movie..got lot of unique points..the characters are pathetic & cool at the same time..
December 29, 2007
So. Fricken. Good.
I love everything about this movie.
December 24, 2007
cant u say its not cool enough?
December 18, 2007
Pretty cool, japanes version of FIGHT CLUB... liked it a lot. Cool ending, great camerawork, great actors/actresses... funky ideas... very good! If you liked FIGHT CLUB check this out!
½ December 3, 2007
Seems like a Japanese version of 'Fight Club'!