Screaming Masterpiece (Gargandi snilld) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Screaming Masterpiece (Gargandi snilld) Reviews

November 7, 2010
Not as much about the music from 1000 years ago, but it does cover the last 20 years, with more recent attempts at traditional and not so traditional music. If you are interested in finding out about the music scene, this would be one to watch.
August 26, 2010
islandska glazbena scena me jos jednom odusevila u ovom lijepom filmu!
April 19, 2010
Now I know why an Icelandic music documentary could have a movie name called SCREAMING MASTERPIECE. Each and everyone of them has their own thoughts and ideas on music but one thing I found incommon was the nature rhymes and melodic; they use the power of their voices too, very soothing, sharp. Now I get to know more of their stories and what had actually inspired their passion into music.
It's Masterpiece!
February 22, 2009
This was really interesting, especially for someone who only knows Bjork and Sigur Ros. Increased my urge to visit Iceland a hundredfold.
October 7, 2008
Masterpiece!

An excellent documentary about Islandic rock scene. Great Bands, great performance, great interviews and also beautiful landscapes and places in the island. If you know only few artist like Bj�¶rk, Sigur Ros or M�M and you love them, you must watch this.
September 6, 2008
superb documentary this. fantastic scenery and music. i already liked icelandic music (hence watching the dvd) but i discovered more on this doco that i'm going to look into. i come from new zealand (all the way around the other side of the world to iceland) and i think we need to set up some kind of new zealand - iceland cultural exchange program.
August 30, 2008
bjork said the important thing is 'what you do", not what you can do.
August 15, 2008
Maravillosos documental, con excelentes presentaciones de musicos islandeses y una aproximacion certera a su pueblo natal... que ganas de viajar a Islandia!!!
July 14, 2008
Very interesting pice of film. Seems to cover the whole spectrum of the Icelandic music scene. Many great live performances from Amiina, Sigur Ros, Bjork, Bang Gang, Mugison, and others you may never have heard of. It really just feels like they've been thrown together as a film but most of the different musicians were interviewed and shared their viewpoints about music and why Icelandic music seems to be so popular these days. Definitely worth checking out if you are a fan of music especially if you enjoy Icelandic music
July 8, 2008
I can hear everyone I know laughing at me right now, but YES, this was awesome, and YES I recommend it, sooooo yah. Epic landscapes. Epic music. Epic brilliance.
March 19, 2008
I've been a fan of Icelandic musicians like Bjork, Sigur Ros, Mum, Bang Gang.. I cannot stress how insanely obsessed I am of the entire documentary and its soundtrack, from beginning to end. And I cannot stress how badly I wish to be Icelandic! :( It's amazing how they've captured the very essence, if I may note so, of the Icelandic music scene and its influences with its heritage, friendly people, and poetry all mixed together into their music.
March 16, 2008
I love everything about Iceland from the wonderful people to it's beautiful music. This documentary focus' on those people that made what that music scene is today. Definitely worth checking out!
January 22, 2008
This film further fuels my Iceland fetish. A bunch of musicians are featured- from Bjork to Mum to a band of teenage rockers who got to open for the Foo Fighters. I especially enjoyed the Head Pagan. His singing and collaboration with Sigur Ros was fantastic. Anyway, for a small country there is quite a bit of variety. It's not just Bjork or Sigur Ros, kids.
January 15, 2008
anything with bjork in it is a masterpiece...nevermind the director...lol
December 19, 2007
Documentary on the Icelandic music scene. Excellent subject matter, but suffers from very low-rent production values, and a lack of any attempt create anything more than a series of snapshots of the different artists.
December 10, 2007
Having been a fan of Icleandic music since hearing Purrkur Pillnik on the late lamented John Peel show back in '79, this movie is both informative and nostalgic. I love Iceleand, I love the music, I love the film.
½ December 7, 2007
Now I understand why Icelandic music is so in tuned with nature. And it seems to be the only country where a head pagan and a band like Sigur Ros would collaborate together. F*cking brilliant.
November 22, 2007
Great film with some ace performances, Mugison, Sigur Ros, Bjork.
November 15, 2007
Island er fascinerende. Jeg deler gleden for brorparten av musikken som presenteres i denne dokumentarfilmen, men klarer ikke helt å skjønne hva som var poenget med den. Dette er for islandsk musikk det samme som informasjonsfilmen til Aeatet er for jobbsøkere!
September 29, 2007
Very digital introduction to Icelandic music. Lots of live footage of memorable and not so memorable Icelandic bands. Has some odd "this is a documentary and so we have to be informative" moments, mostly about Icelandic history. Also, obligatory (and yet not really necessary) shots of the topographical wonders of the country. Overall, though, it was okay. Could have been an hour shorter and been better, but there you have it.